APOD Firearms

AXXE'S MID APRIL EAST TEXAS APRIL EVENT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    I have never understood the hatred for Glocks when there are much worse shit out there.

It’s a mass produced quality weapon. It can be produced inexpensively. It’s not a competition grade weapon but it’s substantially more accurate than a lot of pistols. It’s not real finicky on ammo.

I think the people who profess hate for them are either purist or envious.

I won a Gen 3 Glock when they came out.
    The grip and grip angle just didn’t feel right.
    But neither did the full sized .44 Desert Eagle.
    No hate but it wasn’t a good fit for my hand.

Like Fords and Chevys (and many other brands of pickups) its personal preference.
    If they work for you, great.
    If not you have a lot of option.
    Gun Zone Deals

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It’s a mass produced quality weapon. It can be produced inexpensively. It’s not a competition grade weapon but it’s substantially more accurate than a lot of pistols. It’s not real finicky on ammo.

I think the people who profess hate for them are either purist or envious.

The total lack of personality to the pistols is a factor. You can't tell them apart by looking, whereas you can look at a lineup of Sigs and say "Oh, yeah, that's a 2022, that's a P226, that's a P320..." Glocks as appealing aesthetically as a piece of industrial equipment. Or a brick. Unless one in your lineup is a compact, they all look the same. It's not just that they are mass produced, it's that they look mass produced.

And there's the freaky grip angle. I've shot a Glock, and I did well with it, but holding it was not ergonomic for me - I had to think too much to get the sights on target. Felt like I was aiming at the floor.

And then there's the Glock fanboys who really don't help their cause. It's like trying to have a conversation about music with someone who's a rabid fan of Nickelback. This, I believe, is the source of much Glock hate. That (unearned) smugly superior attitude for what is, at its root, a tool that gets the job done adequately and fairly reliably makes people not want to partake.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The total lack of personality to the pistols is a factor. You can't tell them apart by looking, whereas you can look at a lineup of Sigs and say "Oh, yeah, that's a 2022, that's a P226, that's a P320..." Glocks as appealing aesthetically as a piece of industrial equipment. Or a brick. Unless one in your lineup is a compact, they all look the same. It's not just that they are mass produced, it's that they look mass produced.

And there's the freaky grip angle. I've shot a Glock, and I did well with it, but holding it was not ergonomic for me - I had to think too much to get the sights on target. Felt like I was aiming at the floor.

And then there's the Glock fanboys who really don't help their cause. It's like trying to have a conversation about music with someone who's a rabid fan of Nickelback. This, I believe, is the source of much Glock hate. That (unearned) smugly superior attitude for what is, at its root, a tool that gets the job done adequately and fairly reliably makes people not want to partake.
    THE GLOCK ITSELF I'M INDIFFERENTTO THE GLOCK FAN BOIS ARE RHE ONES I DETEST!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

You had me at the nickelback comment. That was priceless.

I think the cosmetic dislike can be shared with most polymer framed handguns. Most just lack that look that make you feel it’s worth the price tag. And they aren’t anyway considering Glocks cost.

I still love Glocks. Been shooting them since being 21. And they are not nearly as ugly as they used to be. First and second gen was hard on the eyes. But I always have a few Glocks in my collection. The 19x though is very nice looking to me.

Ultimately the same criticism glock owners get for viewing their gun as a tool is kind of strange considering all handguns are tools and will get a little beat up. I have some nice looking guns that have scratches and finish wear. Ultimately as i got older it stopped bothering me. All guns are tools. That’s why I don’t like to spend too much and it makes choosing very difficult in this damn inflation.

People are basically spending 90.00 dollars for a hammer.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The fanboys are my biggest issue with them. They are so laser focused on how "perfect" Glocks are that they ignore the mountain of other guns that are just as reliable, but are more ergonomic and have better features for a similar, if not lower price.

I don't have much of a problem with the guns themselves. The ergos are a bit off, they're a little over priced, and they are about as exciting as watching C-SPAN, but they work.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Different people have different reasons for liking or not liking a Glock or any gun. They say they don't like a Glock because it's plastic. Well, yep, but only the grip

Several years ago, my SIL and I went to the Armadillo range in Nevada. He had his Glock, at that time it was his service weapon, I had my PT 111. He asked me if I wanted to shoot his Glock and I said yep. So I shot the Glock and he shot my Tarsus. The Glock was lighter and fit my hand better than my Tarsus and 2 weeks later, I had a Glock 22 gen 4 in 40 S&W. At my age,75, I don't have the strength to hold and shoot a metal gun for any length with out my hand and wrist getting tired. When the SHTF, my Glock will be my primary gun while my Sig P229 will be my backup.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

LOL!!! I've actually used that phrase "Nickleback is the Glock of music".

Top Bottom