• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those are rules people have chosen to follow and it has no effect on me, so I really don’t have any thoughts on the chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    What in the wide world of sports is that * debatable item?
    Since it’s on the “nasty” line I’ll guess molded gelatin salad, yuck!

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    When I am booking a flight with a meal or meals I request Kosher food. Not only is it better but, in general, I get to eat before other folks as a result.

They bring the box out to you for you to check the seal and remove the entree for them to heat. Once they do that, then they start to serve the other folks.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Kosher delis - almost heaven - more so than West Virginia. Chinese restaurants in NYC a smorgasbord of pork dishes, lobster shrimp and many other forms of forbidden Kosher & Halal forbidden foods. Halal fast food joints and trucks/stands - pretty darned good food but I rarely if ever spend money at them because I wonder how much of it is going to fund terrorism and you can pretty much safely bet that is where at least some of it is going - worked in money laundering investigations long enough to know. Italian, Cuban, German, Russian & other eastern European places, African, South American, Mexican, seafood places, French restaurants - you name it NY has them especially in NYC .

Damn, I do miss all the food available in NYistan - because they do just about have it all. When McDonald's, Golden Corral, a few chain steak places, a bar/restaurant or two and a few Mexican places and one overpriced restaurant that serves ridiculous yuppie dishes are the best a town have - as far as at best passable decent eats go - well, culinary delights are few and far between and the Texarkana area is sorely lacking in really good food of almost any type.

Of course, I am almost happy to give up all that excellent wide variety of good food if only because the politics up there make me want to puke and they leave a bad taste in one's mouth!

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I tell my wife the only reason pork was frowned upon in these religions is its natures crack. You cant have just one pound of bacon.

Were all phucked cause bacon is getting ridiculous in price.
    Unable to explain the prohibitions otherwise, some Talmudic rabbis thought the same, and included such things as lobster as the best of nature's crack and thus to be avoided religiously.

I've always been more inclined to believe the prohibitions stemmed from dangers of disease and illness resulting from improper harvesting and preparation.

What I am sure of, is that it is extremely hard to be an observant Jew (if you are not born to it)... a Moslem has less difficulty, because anything goes as long as no one sees it done... The difference being that Jews are bound by God, while Muslims are bound by community; one obeys, the other postures...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My Muslim son in law thinks the restrictions are from religious origins.

Top Bottom