• ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Status update:

Monday 4/9 - The wife got hers in the mail today. Much to my chagrin, I did not get mine in the mail yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Just curious, is there any significance to the photograph being black and white instead of color? I guess this is the new style but it surprised me they used a black-and-white photo instead of a color photo.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Just curious, is there any significance to the photograph being black and white instead of color? I guess this is the new style but it surprised me they used a black-and-white photo instead of a color photo.
    First Google link

WHY IS THE LICENSE PICTURE BLACK AND WHITE?
    B&W portrait is a byproduct of our cards being printed on polycarbonate (PC). PC has become the de facto card construction for IDs, particularly in the international market. The biggest advantage is that it is a fully fused, monolithic card that can’t be deconstructed to access the personalization data.

In our previous cards, the personalization was applied to the surface of the card and thus offers an opportunity to attack the card by “opening it up”.

Polycarbonate cards are personalized by laser writing and the personalization is in the card. Since the card is fully fused, it can’t be opened up to attack. Unfortunately, except with very expensive equipment, it is not possible to laser write a color image.

Ungluck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    I did all of mine on line except for the range qualification. I think I was the first to do the online class work. I went to the drivers license office was finger printed and they sent them and photo in. All paperwork was done online except for printing the form out and letting the range officer sign it. After sending it back in I received the license in about two weeks.
    Whom did you use?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

conorg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2020
    Texas Panhandle
    First time applicant: background check took about 2.5 weeks after showing everything green online, in the mail yesterday which was about 2 days after the bg check showed done. Did not receive today (Saturday) but I am expecting it on Monday or Tuesday. I am only 23 years old with no criminal history and only have lived in two counties my adult life.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Definitely different processing times for different people.

I submitted my class completion and fingerprints on Feb. 25.

Acknowledgment email March 3.

Background check status changed to complete 4/28.

Currently in print-pending status. Hoping the wait from here is short.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Interesting how some have it in 30 days about.

Everything for me and my girlfriend submitted on 03/02/2020 everything showed up pending and hasn’t changed as of today. May 1, is officially 60 days. So 3 days left, and still no word.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Dang @Texasgrillchef, that is frustrating. I figured mine took longer than some others because I've lived in 2 states and Canada before moving to Texas.

Hope you get some resolution soon.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Dang @Texasgrillchef, that is frustrating. I figured mine took longer than some others because I've lived in 2 states and Canada before moving to Texas.

Hope you get some resolution soon.

as you see from another post of mine, after a call into them. My girlfriend and her friends got their approval, and licenses allready. I’m still waiting. Apparently my 60 days isn’t up till May 13th. Go figure.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Status changed to "mailed" on April 30. License arrived in today's mail, May 8.

For me, from taking the LTC class on a Saturday, submitting fingerprints the following Wednesday, the calendar-day total from start to finish was 77 days.

Much better than when I was a subject in the People's Republik of Commiefornia where the average time was NEVER. God Bless Texas for allowing me to be a responsible adult.

GreenGeezer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2020
    I took my LTC class on May 2 2020 completed online application same day mailed LTC paperwork in on May 04 2020 fingerprints submitted on May 8th 2020 and recieved LTC on June 2nd 2020

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom