• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Yes, I know that Texas has 60 days, and up to 180 days if their are issues.

However, knowing that...

I wonder what the actual average of time it takes for one to get your LTC approved.

Do 80% of applicants who are approved, get their Licence on the 59th day? Or on the 43rd day etc.... What percentage of applicants end up having to wait longer then 60 days?

What are the actual percentages on the return time.

We all know averages for NFA eForm 1’s average 30 days in Texas, Paper Form 4’s average 10 months in Texas for approval. Those are based on actual statistics.

Anyone have stat’s in average return times for a Texas LTC?

Also when does the 60 days actually start counting? Assuming you have allready uploaded your LTC class certificate, and then do your electronic fingerprints. Does the time start counting from the day you do your fingerprints, or sometime after?

To those who have obtained their LTC within the last 12 months, how many days did it take for you before you got yours back. Count from the day you submitted your last item, fingerprints or ltc class certificate.
    DK Firearms

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    Wifey and I submitted and fulfilled all requirements Feb. 22, 2020.

Did not get an e-mail confirmation. Talked to an operator on the 24th and said that they received all the requirements. The wait begins.

Will report here for progress.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    It is 90 days for an initial license. The Government code allows 90 days

Well I am going by what is actually reported on the Dps.texas.gov website which says 60 days, 45 days for renewal and they also said up to 180 days if their are issues.

I was asking to about actual return times, not what the legal requirements or rules were.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    We already knew that.....

How long it takes depends on several factors. And those depend on you.
    Partly it just depends on how many applications they have at the time. There really isn't an average time.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There is always an average time for anything that takes time to do. Always. We may not always know what the real life statistics are, but there is still always an average time for anything and everything that takes time.

Like anything that takes time to complete, there are always factors that can influence something to take longer then normal, or even speed up the process.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I can only answer by what I’ve seen. A few years ago, my oldest son and I applied at the same time. His took 12 days and mine was 13 days. Also, that was over Christmas and New Years. My neighbors to the east of me just got theirs a couple months ago and it took less than 3 weeks. The neighbor to my west received his last week and it was exactly 3 weeks to the day from the time he uploaded his last document until he pulled his LTC out of his mailbox.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well I am going by what is actually reported on the Dps.texas.gov website which says 60 days, 45 days for renewal and they also said up to 180 days if their are issues.

I was asking to about actual return times, not what the legal requirements or rules were.
    Well, the govt code allows 90 days, and you didn't ask about legal requirements, but you got the bonus plan. No charge. You're welcome

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Yes, I know that Texas has 60 days, and up to 180 days if their are issues.

However, knowing that...

I wonder what the actual average of time it takes for one to get your LTC approved.

Do 80% of applicants who are approved, get their Licence on the 59th day? Or on the 43rd day etc.... What percentage of applicants end up having to wait longer then 60 days?

What are the actual percentages on the return time.

We all know averages for NFA eForm 1’s average 30 days in Texas, Paper Form 4’s average 10 months in Texas for approval. Those are based on actual statistics.

Anyone have stat’s in average return times for a Texas LTC?

Also when does the 60 days actually start counting? Assuming you have allready uploaded your LTC class certificate, and then do your electronic fingerprints. Does the time start counting from the day you do your fingerprints, or sometime after?

To those who have obtained their LTC within the last 12 months, how many days did it take for you before you got yours back. Count from the day you submitted your last item, fingerprints or ltc class certificate.
    The answer is "42".

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I was actually asking about real life statistics.
    If you want actual wait times, mine took 69 days from mail in to receipt of the license. That was pretty much the average 6 years ago. I think wait times have improved overall since then tho. My renewal in 2018 only took about 2 weeks.

rfsanchez171

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2020
    Houston
    Am still waiting it’s been 2 weeks. Website says that the background check is under review so. At my LTC class the instructors says average wait time is 3-4 weeks

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Am still waiting it’s been 2 weeks. Website says that the background check is under review so. At my LTC class the instructors says average wait time is 3-4 weeks
    The instructor should have refrained from spouting bullshit.
    It varies from person to person. How fast the feds do the background check is the primary driver in how long it takes.

Top Bottom