• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I just dinged my new truck and don't know crap about auto paint. Can this dent and paint be repaired easily or is the whole side of my truck going to have to be repainted?
    20211215-172543.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Pretty easy fix. Dent repaired. Primered, and block-sanded. Spot painted, blended into existing paint, and clear-coat the entire panel. Then wet-sanded once cured, and buffed out.

I would think it should take no more than two to three days total time at the body shop, of course depending on how busy they are.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Pretty easy fix. Dent repaired. Primered, and block-sanded. Spot painted, blended into existing paint, and clear-coat the entire panel. Then wet-sanded once cured, and buffed out.

I would think it should take no more than two to three days total time at the body shop, of course depending on how busy they are.
    Thanks, this was from helping family move stuff, unfortunately I'm too nice to make an issue of it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Thanks, this was from helping family move stuff, unfortunately I'm too nice to make an issue of it.
    Understand. I would also suspect it would also be cheaper to repair than what your deductible would cost for making a claim.

I would also see if the body shop might negotiate on the price if you planned on paying for it out of your pocket instead filing a claim. A lot less paperwork for them that way too.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Depending on the age of the car, location of the dent and your own preference, just doing a local “spot” blend, and not respraying the entire panel and adjacent areas could save ya some time and money also.

To get the sheet metal straight, it might also be cheaper to have a paintless dent person work the metal…most body shops will fix that using Bondo, methinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Depending on the age of the car, location of the dent and your own preference, just doing a local “spot” blend, and not respraying the entire panel and adjacent areas could save ya some time and money also.

To get the sheet metal straight, it might also be cheaper to have a paintless dent person work the metal…most body shops will fix that using Bondo, methinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A good body man will use very little body filler.

I could probably remove the majority of that dent with a small propane torch and an ice cube.

Top Bottom