• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2020
    North of Dallas
    While I was initially thinking about getting a Beretta 1301, I came across a good deal on benelli M2.

The M2 is a fantastic shotgun. Be sure to try shooting it in different positions/scenarios with your ammo of choice to make sure it cycles reliably for you. Being inertia operated, it is somewhat dependent on how the stock is braced against your shoulder.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    do those drums squish the shells like the box mags do? i have had trouble keeping a loaded mag as the hulls deform over time get squished into an oblong shape and will not reliably feed, which rules out the weapon from HD use as i cant keep the mags loaded.
    I got a bunch of fire extinguisher pins from the extinguisher guy. Use them to pin the brass of the top round until ready to fire. Instructions are somewhere on the Saiga-12 forum. I was able to get some steel hull Russian 12 ga ammo so I just use a steel hulled top round. Whenever I run out of those, I will do the pin ting.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    I have had a 930SPX since it was introduced. Overall it’s a really great shotgun. I shot the first 500 rounds with only one malfunction of FTF when I was shooting some xtra light #8 shot. I did that all without cleaning anything to see how it ran when dirty. I then added a Mesa Tactical side saddle that caused some feeding issues due to the Chicago screws the hold it on being a few thousandths too short. This I guess caused a slight bind in the aluminum receiver. They guys at Mesa were great and got me fixed up with new screws. I did what I thought was a full cleaning (per the manual), but I started having some frequent ejection failures. I actually sent it to Mossberg twice and they said there was nothing wrong. Then it would have a failure in the first magazine with multiple different ammunition. I found that Jerry Miculek did a 30kin video on a complete cleaning of the 930. Turns out that every 5-600 rounds the gas piston rings need to be removed and cleaned along with the cylinder they ride in (none of which is covered in my manual). Since then it is back to being a solid trouble free shotgun.
    797C7EE9-0679-42CA-A53C-97498184212C.jpeg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2020
    North of Dallas
    I have had a 930SPX since it was introduced. Overall it’s a really great shotgun. I shot the first 500 rounds with only one malfunction of FTF when I was shooting some xtra light #8 shot. I did that all without cleaning anything to see how it ran when dirty. I then added a Mesa Tactical side saddle that caused some feeding issues due to the Chicago screws the hold it on being a few thousandths too short. This I guess caused a slight bind in the aluminum receiver. They guys at Mesa were great and got me fixed up with new screws. I did what I thought was a full cleaning (per the manual), but I started having some frequent ejection failures. I actually sent it to Mossberg twice and they said there was nothing wrong. Then it would have a failure in the first magazine with multiple different ammunition. I found that Jerry Miculek did a 30kin video on a complete cleaning of the 930. Turns out that every 5-600 rounds the gas piston rings need to be removed and cleaned along with the cylinder they ride in (none of which is covered in my manual). Since then it is back to being a solid trouble free shotgun.

Have you ever pressed the bolt release button while the bolt is closed? My 930 would feed two shells onto the lifter and jam up the action.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Finally got to take my Benelli M2 to the range. It performed flawlessly with several kinds of buck shot, slugs, birds shot, and I had a bag if random 12ga ammo I ran through it. Now that I know it works fine, I need to get a mag tube extention, sling, light, etc.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Finally got to take my Benelli M2 to the range. It performed flawlessly with several kinds of buck shot, slugs, birds shot, and I had a bag if random 12ga ammo I ran through it. Now that I know it works fine, I need to get a mag tube extention, sling, light, etc.

If anyone has suggestions for these items, send'em my way. Im open to suggestions.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm late to the game. I bought a JM930 when they first came out. Pretty much flawless until I shot around 3,000 rounds through it. I mushroomed the firing pin. A part that is known to be soft. I now run 2 Stoeger M2000. Have about 2,000 rounds through one of them.

Now if money is no problem the definitely get the M2

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If anyone has suggestions for these items, send'em my way. Im open to suggestions.

Ordered a 3 shell Nordic extention, charging handle, light mount, mag follower, Mesa tactical stock (shorter). Now I just need a sling, light, and side saddle/shell card.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    The Stoeger M3000 is a nice shotgun.... ghost ring sights, extended mag, inertia driven... one of the "slickest" feeling actions I've seen. I haven't put all that many rounds through mine yet, but everything has been flawless so far.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I'm looking for an autoloader shotgun for home defense. I have a mossberg 500 defender with a light, ammo saddle and magpul furniture already. I'm mainly looking at these 3 shotguns
    Mossberg 930spx
    Mossberg 930 defender
    Beretta 1301

I'm open to other suggestions . Anyone have thoughts or have owned these?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    an old Remington 1100 in 12 gauge with an 18.5 inch barrel is good, plus you can get a beat up one for fairly cheap, the mossy 930 is good too

Top Bottom