• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Unless there is some more info or social media posts we probably will never know the story here but I can't fault the police on this one as they have the right to protect themselves from what is a believed to be a threat to their lives. Unfortunately Army Sgt. Daniel Perry is still going to trial for the shooting of Garrett Foster in 2020, you remember the AK47 guy (Foster) at the Austin riots who by every indication looks like he is about to shoot Perry. So, LEO okay to preserve their lives, civilian (not acting as military at the time) has to fight the judicial system. There is always a two tier system of justice. Sorry for the topic change but it was Austin.

Sgt Perry is a victim of a a DA motivated by ideology instead of law, as are the 19 Austin police officers under indictment for their objectively reasonable uses of force during those same riots.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    911 caller literally told police it was his home:

The caller remained on the phone line with Austin 9-1-1 Communications while officers responded to the scene. The caller said the man was pointing his rifle at the interior of his home. The caller then stated the man just fired into his own home.

Now it is possible dispatcher did not tell this to cops, but it was known to be his home.
    I'd have to know if the officers were told it was his home hell hear the 911 call. From the reporting it seems that became universally known after the fact. The reporting being the news reports from the day of/after the incident in November. In those reports the calls supposed said a home.

Even so from the porch video, IMHO, the guy looked like he was not in any way submissive in his body language or the way he was carrying the gun.

The guy obviously had issues. He created the situation and I'm not sure waiting a second or two would make a difference. If he had the gun point down at his side he might have got that second or two. The cops arrived as shooting was occurring and responded.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Dont live in Austin so do not know if this is downtown or in suburbs. I did say probably illegal in subdivision.

First sentence of 2nd paragraph Austin PD statement YOU posted (#22): The caller remained on the phone line with Austin 9-1-1 Communications while officers responded to the scene. The caller said the man was pointing his rifle at the interior of his home. The caller then stated the man just fired into his own home.

So tell me now who is ignoring facts?
    Perhaps the caller did know it was the subj's own home.

I read that "his" as the caller's.

I tried to listen to the 911 call, but was not able to because my wife wanted to talk to me while we were out at a restaurant (the nerve of her sometimes haha)

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    Since the video montage of the ring camera and BWCs were silent, I don't know how much time passed between the verbal warning and the cop shooting the homeowner. With that said, if the guy is shooting a bad guy in his own house, he should have put up his hands and told that to the cops. This will be a training video after the DA gets done punishing the cop that fired the shot.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'd have to know if the officers were told it was his home hell hear the 911 call. From the reporting it seems that became universally known after the fact. The reporting being the news reports from the day of/after the incident in November. In those reports the calls supposed said a home.

Even so from the porch video, IMHO, the guy looked like he was not in any way submissive in his body language or the way he was carrying the gun.

The guy obviously had issues. He created the situation and I'm not sure waiting a second or two would make a difference. If he had the gun point down at his side he might have got that second or two. The cops arrived as shooting was occurring and responded.

Chief said they were: "Chacon said this information was received as officers arrived on the scene"

Family also alleges video is edited and suggest homeowner thought he was confronting an intruder in his home and told neighbor Karen to MYOB, but being Karen, she just made it worse.

The security footage they released today is an edited version that intentionally removes the interaction that Raj had with his neighbor one minute beforehand where he told her there was someone in his house and yelled into his home, ‘I’m calling the police, get out of my house.’

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Context matters and I'd have to hear the call and see if and how the info was delivered to the officers and if it was acknowledged. Otherwise it has no bearing on the officers actions.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Context matters and I'd have to hear the call and see if and how the info was delivered to the officers and if it was acknowledged. Otherwise it has no bearing on the officers actions.

I agree, a man with a gun is a man with a gun, it only came up as cycleguy2300 claimed I was ignoring facts.

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    BWCs have audio, as does ring.

My bad. My speakers were unplugged from the socket. What learned from reviewing the videos again is that the cop fired the first round the instant he told the homeowner to drop his gun. The homeowner did not have any time to comply with the officer. That will likely be a point the DA will make when he charges the officer since the DA is one of those progressive DA that hates the police.

Who was the homeowner talking to in the ring camera video before the cops arrive?

Reactions: gll

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My bad. My speakers were unplugged from the socket. What learned from reviewing the videos again is that the cop fired the first round the instant he told the homeowner to drop his gun. The homeowner did not have any time to comply with the officer. That will likely be a point the DA will make when he charges the officer since the DA is one of those progressive DA that hates the police.

Who was the homeowner talking to in the ring camera video before the cops arrive?
    No one / himself

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Sgt Perry is a victim of a a DA motivated by ideology instead of law, as are the 19 Austin police officers under indictment for their objectively reasonable uses of force during those same riots.

Piece of crap DA and the grand juries, don't know what they were presented to sign off on this crap.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There is always more to the story. Not good for the cop.

Of course family will say that he did noting wrong.

The dude was probably a great guy, but was apparently (obviously?) in psychosis and out of touch with reality. There is a good chance it had slowly been building and paranoia and delusions prompted him to buy the rifle. It is likely he and his family didn't know he had (what appears to me to be) mental health problems.

I dont know the guy, but how I saw him act and speak prior to him being killed fits very well with someone with MH problems. Had he not had a gun in his hands after shooting into a house, I see it very probable the most that would have happened is he would be placed under a POED and taken to a hospital. Unfortunately his actions, by shooting into a residence, prompted a response by police that was exceedingly urgent and did not allow the time to approach with officer safety as a priority, instead the possibility that innocent lives are at risk took priority and when he was found facing the officers with a rifle at low ready, he was an immediate deadly threat that required immediate deadly force as a response.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That guy has issues. He isn't in the "didn't do nothing" group. He created this whole situation, weather he really knew what he was doing is the question.

We can say the cop should have waited another second but they just heard the guy shooting and the way he exited the porch and presented to the office, i.e. low ready and appearing to be anything but giving up, I'm not gonna persecute the officer after the fact for the split second decision.

In this case with the obvious paranoia and recklessness I'm not at all convinced the outcome would be different.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Do we know for certain there wasn’t someone in the house? I don’t remember reading or hearing anything that says there was no evidence of a break in or another person. I know they did a quick search of the house after the shooting, but could somebody have left?

If there was evidence of a break in = worse for police

No evidence of break in = better for police

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom