• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I would like to setup a long range shooting day around October 9th.

Just how far? ... 1000 yards far. I want you to bring out the long range toys and put the redneck sniper stories aside, it's time to have some fun. So all you mall ninjas, all you 1000 yard snipers, all you story tellin' tactical pants wearing tinkerbells ... c'mon out and show us what that trash can do.

I'd like to have a few competitions:

Rimfire - 200 and 300 Yards
    Centerfire .22 - 300 Yards Iron / 600 Yards Open
    Centerfire All - 300 Yards Iron / 1000 Yards Open*

Standard prone or rest shooting, no 50# benchrest guns. You will put your hands on the rifle, and you will shoulder it and shoot it like a real man. Shoot through the mirage, wind, and the blood pump.

* Conditions variable

Who's game? Get out the dope cards kiddies.
    Lynx Defense

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Ill try to get out there but ill need to hit the range down here some more to get more DOPE lol. i just need to find a range that will let me put up a 25yrd Group and zero target of the AR-15.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    If you want it to be at the new range in Liberty Hill, everyone will have to qualify first. The range does not let shooters just show up and start firing at the longer distances (250+). The qualifications will be held on Sunday mornings.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If you want it to be at the new range in Liberty Hill, everyone will have to qualify first. The range does not let shooters just show up and start firing at the longer distances (250+). The qualifications will be held on Sunday mornings.

I fired them off an email a few days ago asking what we need to do. Perhaps we could fast track some people.

Also, this is too close to opening day for deer season. I'm not sure if this will be taking place on that weekend, but I want to do this.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I can barely make a target out at 100 yards. 200 yards would be impossible for me without a scope. Where does one to go to shoot beyond 100 yards anyway?

Top Bottom