• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    That place is WAY too close to the new Dairy Queen...AND the guy's name is HUNTER ! Perfect for a gun shop!
    Check for the funky hours, though...Mon-Wed by appointment only, limited hours otherwise. Interesting!

Called him today. They have expanded their hours significantly. Talked to Hunter. They will do 3 transfers on the same sheet for $20 total. They'll fill out the whole page of 5 for another $10. Think I just found my new Austin FFL.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    CTGW is cheap, especially if you have a CHL and also Texas Law Shield (not required, just another discount). I don't know if it's per-item or per-form.

I have both CHL and Texas Law Shield. $7.50 IIRC. I have been doing all my transfers there for the last year or two instead of Red's. The only thing I like about Red's is they are convenient for me. One near my home and one near me at work. I only go there now when time is short and I can't drive to one of the other ranges or out to my 100 acres near Milano.

cbfurg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2016
    I'm currently having 2 stripped lowers transferred to CTGW. I'll report back on whether it is per item or per form.

cbfurg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2016
    I'm a new Texan. I used to pay $15 for up to 4... Centex feels like robbery and I've had less than positive experiences the last few times I've interacted with them.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Called him today. They have expanded their hours significantly. Talked to Hunter. They will do 3 transfers on the same sheet for $20 total. They'll fill out the whole page of 5 for another $10. Think I just found my new Austin FFL.

The above is no longer correct. It's $20 per gun. I had them do a transfer for me and it was painless. They were patient with me while I looked over the shipment to make sure the gun was ok before accepting.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    A $25 FFL fee seems reasonable to me. About what one would pay for a couple of boxes of ammo. And considering sales tax on a $450 firearm is over $37.....

The FFL I use, Guns Plus in Georgetown, seems to be on most online stores pre-approved list. That's important to me, because then I don't have to go through the process of trying to get an FFL to send a copy of their license to the merchant. They charge $25, but don't offer a discount for LTC holders.

Top Bottom