• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Trying to set up a jeep meet and greet here in Bastrop on July 3rd and figured I would post here too since there are some wheelers on the board.

So I am putting out a feeler to get an idea of whether enough people are interested and if so I will move forward with the plans.

We have access to some private land here that we wheel now and again and if it is available on the 3rd we will reserve it. The intent is to do one of two things:

Plan A:
    If the land is available we will have a day run and then in the early evening we will caravan into Bastrop to go watch the Bastrop Patriotic fireworks show and check out the hot rod guys that always gather at Tractor Supply (we can park there near them and watch the fireworks from there). Then after the fireworks we will head back out to the ranch and spend the night at the camp house and sit around and talk jeeps and enjoy some adult beverages (might even be able to do a night jeep run before the adult beverages, but will need to see if the owner will allow that). The next morning we can get up and do a little more wheeling if he owner is ok with that.

Plan B:
    If the owner has already scheduled another event and we can't wheel ( he has roping and motorcycle events sometimes). We will meet in Bastrop at the Road House for dinner and a meet and greet in early evening and then head over to the fireworks show to check out the rods and enjoy the fireworks.

Oh, and if you have another style offroad vehicle you are welcome too. The place where we wheel is very tight and was cut in with short wheelbase vehicles in mind, so it is difficult to maneuver full size rigs through. Stock jeeps can navigate the place pretty easy too, had mine out there when it was stock. The place is not terribly difficult, it's mainly a creek bed with some off camber stuff and climbs.

And if your not interested in the wheeling part and just wanna come and meet to watch the fireworks, that is fine too.

So I know it's a long shot, but anyone interested?
    Target Sports

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    We'll have other events. I am working on that as well as some Jeep Night meet and greets to just get together.

Top Bottom