• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Bad news regarding the link previous thread, is it does not have any first hand experiences listed in it. One comment about it looking like an airport lobby, but not much more.

So, I would also like to know, has anyone been to the club? What is it like. How are the prices on the retail items?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Don't know if the news report I saw was accurate, but the place is right off I-10 west of Houston in an older warehouse. The news report billed it as a high-class, high-dollar indoor shooting range akin to a "wealthy country club minus the golf links."

Video of the lobby and shooting bays was quite impressive -- I'm sure lots of us "schmucks" ain't welcome, nor could we afford the membership/and or hourly range fees, much less pay for the concierge and valet parking.

Don't take this as gospel truth -- just an interesting report on a local t.v. news program.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Bad news regarding the link previous thread, is it does not have any first hand experiences listed in it. One comment about it looking like an airport lobby, but not much more.

So, I would also like to know, has anyone been to the club? What is it like. How are the prices on the retail items?
    I showed up early and fired the first shot on the range when it opened to the public. Then I posted a lengthy piece with my impressions to TGT. That thread apparently didn't survive the board outage. I can't find it via google, via the search function here, or in my list of previous posts. Frustrating.

To answer your questions - Yes, I've been there. It was very nice, though they opened to the public before construction was finished and there were some problems that should be gone by now. As for prices, they were ahead of the times; they had nearly-post-Newtown prices before Newtown happened. I specifically remember one of those cheaply-made .22 Colt-in-name-only pistols that was tagged at $499. It was in stock at my LGS at the same time for $389. Since they had just opened, they had almost no ammo or accessories in stock; I commented at the time that the entire visible inventory of ammo, cleaning accessories, and holsters on the retail side would have easily fit in the back seat of my car. Again, I assume things have gotten better.

Staff attitudes and competence were admirable. That's a big plus.

I'll try to call to mind any other specifics you want but I'm sure someone else must have visited since I've been there. Hope this helps.

Rhino1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Went by to check it out. Very nice place but my first thought was the Beverly Hills Gun Club in Beverly Hills Cop

Blueovalman14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I checked in months ago to see prices and was shocked at the membership prices.

I haven't actually stopped by there to see what they have or to see how nice it is.

bjo71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I've been there twice to use the shooting range. Very nice place and good staff. I'll be making it a regular stop.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    $7-11 more per hour for the range than most any other place in Houston. Not worth it to me, but always nice to see another shooting range in town.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've been there twice to use the shooting range.
    When they first opened, they had a terrible design problem. Apparently, the soundproofing had not been extended to the ceiling on the wall behind the RSO counter immediately outside the largest range. Standing at that counter, you needed hearing protection almost as much as inside the range.

Have they fixed that?

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Assclown club I guess.

VIP Memberships are available for an initiation fee of $5000 and monthly dues of $200.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    well there guns are over priced; but....for that price you get a lifetime warranty from them. They will handle any shipping and what not. If you rent a gun and buy that same gun the same day they will rebate the rental fees. There are 2 levels of membership. The one for 5K and there's one for 2K

Top Bottom