• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blanco

Conspiracy Theorist and Custom foil hat builder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    North Richland Hills, Tx.
    Just curious how many here own or have used an Athalon scope.
    When I picked this scope up and looked at the price I immediately purchased it For my 6.5 Grendel
    Just do a bit of an internet snoop on these scopes. They are amazing, and affordable
    Mine is the Athalon Argos BTR 8-34x56 FFP with illuminated reticle.
    Gren.jpg
    Lynx Defense

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Great optics for the price point. None of our customers have had anything but good things to say about buying their Athlon optics,

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I've heard good and bad. I've look through a couple in the 5-26 or 6-24 range and like Vortex and Leupolds glass better. When it comes to scopes, higher quality will cost you.

Blanco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    My understanding is that the owners of Athalon Optics are former Bushnell employees. They had approached Bushnell with the idea of an optics line just as they now have. Bushnell made them mad, so they left to Start Athalon.

Blanco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    It would appear that Athalon clearly has Vortex in their sights. I would rate the optics very close, with a slight edge to Vortex on clarity. Mechanically Athalon has a bit of work to do. Mostly minor issues such as turret marks lining up... but no show stoppers. As for build quality overall I would rate them equal. Value for the dollar ..A clear runaway as Athalon in many cases comes in 1/3~1/2 less money.
    While I am not an expert on optics I do own several, of what I consider better than average scopes. I think most shooters looking for budget friendly optics would be hard pressed to find a better value than the Athalon lineup

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I purchased a Midas BTR 4.5-27x50 scope a while back to compare to the Sightron SIII scopes that I have 5 of. The Sightron's have been the best bang for the buck in long range optics IMO,when it comes to Clarity,Tracking,and Repeatable zero settings.
    So far with the limited amount of testing on the Midas BTR,the Clarity of the lenses is right with the Sightron SIII. The Tracking has been good so far,but I haven't tried it at long range yet,so that's still an unknown. It has repeated my zero every time I turn the turrets several mils,and then back to my zero.

I like the reticle choices in the Midas,and they seem to be just the right thickness for the type of shooting/hunting I do. The hash marks are easily seen in almost any light or background.
    The Turret feel is a little lite,but the clicks are solid and audible. The side focus knob is pretty stiff,but works well,and although I have zero need for an illuminated reticle,it works just fine and adjusts to usable brightness depending on usable light outside.

This scope will give the Sightron SIII and the Vortex Viper PST scopes a run for the money from what I've seen,and it is several hundred $$$ cheaper. I bought mine thru Optics Planet with a 10% discount,and only paid $539 for it.

I originally was going to buy the Athlon Cronus scope,now I know I will buy one.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    For very high quality at reasonable cost look at Tract Optics.

They cut out the middle man and sell directly the consumer.

I've done a bit of research on them. They know their stuff.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Still have an Argos on my Grendel. Seems to be holding up well. Wanted return to zero, and made some brass shims. I’m now a scope snob, but can’t complain for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have 2 Athlon Talos FFP and at least 1 2nd focal plane. I like them. Best I have ever had but I also don't have the experience with high end scopes that some folks here have.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Out of the box I like what I'm seeing...will give a range report sometime in the future................

cronus_a2d8bd0711316d45c884ca510d8be411e1417134.jpg

Attachments

• cronus_a2d8bd0711316d45c884ca510d8be411e1417134.jpg
      cronus_a2d8bd0711316d45c884ca510d8be411e1417134.jpg
      129 KB · Views: 413

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sweet. I can't afford Cronus. I do have Neos, Talos and an Argos. Nice for the money.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Killbox Alpha

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Denton County
    I bought 2 Ares ETR’s. So far, I’ve been very surprised by the repeatability. It has not been a problem but I don’t care for how the clicks feel in the turrets. They seem very close to each other compared to other brands. In my opinion, the glass is just as clear as the Vortex Viper gen 2 and is comparable in low light situations. With Athlon offering some different magnifications ranges as well as a slightly less expensive price point, it’s a easy decision for me.
    upload_2020-5-23_8-47-6.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-23_8-47-6.jpeg
      upload_2020-5-23_8-47-6.jpeg
      73.1 KB · Views: 376
    Top Bottom