• ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Please!!!! each of us should make use of the public commentary on this issue. The inflammatory rhetoric can be damaging, so keep comments to something like: "I use this ammunition currently for hog hunting. Banning it would harm my sporting use and the clean harvesting of hogs in the timber and brush country I hunt on." OR " I currently shoot NRA approved high-power matches, I use both these types of ammunition due to the fine ballistics at 300 and 600 yards." OR "A ban on this ammunition would harm my long range hunting of coyotes .", etc.
    V
    I
    PUBLIC
    PARTICIPATION
    ATF will carefully consider all comments, as appropriate, received on or before
    March 16,
    , and will give comments received after that date the same consideration if it is practical to
    do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given except as to comments received on or
    before
    March 16, 2015
    ATF will not acknowledge receipt of comments.
    Submit comments in any of three ways (but do not submit the same comments multiple
    times or by more than one method):

ATF website
    :
    APAComments@atf.gov
    Follow the instructions for submitting comments.

Fax:
    (202) 648
    -

Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N
    -
    602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs
    and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue,
    NE, Washington, DC 20226:
    ATTN:
    AP Ammo Comments

txbirddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    I fail to see that it is not "primarily intended" for something other than armor piercing,,,,,,,,the wishy washy talk about the California condor has me scratching my head,,,,,,,,,what does that bird have to do with m855??????

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    this has to do with them systematically disarming us.

Been saying it for years - they will go after ammo, not guns so much. It's more stealthy.

Just wait till they target reloaders.... under the first clinton regime they floated the idea of requiring licenses to reload, etc. the 2nd clinton regime coming into power in 2017 may may that reality.

It's coming.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I fail to see that it is not "primarily intended" for something other than armor piercing,,,,,,,,the wishy washy talk about the California condor has me scratching my head,,,,,,,,,what does that bird have to do with m855??????

The talk of the Condor is just a prelude to the complete ban on the use of lead in ammo. It'll be the next thing they are going to ram thru via rulemaking

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    should buy some and take the paint off

Possession would not be illegal for what you already have on hand. They are seeking to ban the manufacture and importation. So, if you use it and/or need it, better buy it now. Gotta feeling supply is gonna go down and prices are going to rise rapidly.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Possession would not be illegal for what you already have on hand. They are seeking to ban the manufacture and importation. So, if you use it and/or need it, better buy it now. Gotta feeling supply is gonna go down and prices are going to rise rapidly.

Yep. As with any commodity....

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

As some of you know, I'm a retired county/state/federal LEO & our REAL problem is that we have FAR TOO MANY federal LE agencies "out looking for something to justify their job".
    (The last time that I counted, there were 82 different federal agencies that have sworn officers & each has its own "administrative support force".)

What we NEED to do is to ABOLISH about 80 of those agencies & reduce the number permanently to the US Postal Inspectors & the US Marshal's Service. Then we should pick the "best of the best" LEO & lay-off or reassign the rest to NON-LE work. - After the current agents leave the government, ABOLISH those positions forever.
    (I'm saying to keep the Postal Inspectors & Marshals because they are mentioned in the US Constitution & it makes NO difference which badge/credential that a LEO carries.)

The current federal LE situation is FOOLISH, WASTEFUL & NEEDLESS.

just my OPINION, satx

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Please!!!! each of us should make use of the public commentary on this issue. The inflammatory rhetoric can be damaging, so keep comments to something like: "I use this ammunition currently for hog hunting. Banning it would harm my sporting use and the clean harvesting of hogs in the timber and brush country I hunt on." OR " I currently shoot NRA approved high-power matches, I use both these types of ammunition due to the fine ballistics at 300 and 600 yards." OR "A ban on this ammunition would harm my long range hunting of coyotes .", etc.
    V
    I
    PUBLIC
    PARTICIPATION
    ATF will carefully consider all comments, as appropriate, received on or before
    March 16,
    , and will give comments received after that date the same consideration if it is practical to
    do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given except as to comments received on or
    before
    March 16, 2015
    ATF will not acknowledge receipt of comments.
    Submit comments in any of three ways (but do not submit the same comments multiple
    times or by more than one method):

ATF website
    :
    APAComments@atf.gov
    Follow the instructions for submitting comments.

Fax:
    (202) 648
    -

Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N
    -
    602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs
    and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue,
    NE, Washington, DC 20226:
    ATTN:
    AP Ammo Comments

THIS.

Top Bottom