APOD Firearms

Atf rule banning private sales requires FFL rumored for fall.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This is pretty much the way I see it. So, my question is, are they going to issue millions of FFL’s so we can acquire, sell and trade firearms and enhance our private collections? I doubt it. For years one of their goals was to deny or revoke licenses to small home dealers because they didn’t do a significant amount of business.

ATF will point to the ‘personal collection’ carveout and let you attempt to use that as a defense at trial.

The way this rule is written, with a presumption of guilt, will be litigated all the way to SCOTUS. ATF will state they simply wrote a rule that implements what is codified law, so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that relevant portions of BPSCA will be declared unconstitutional. But that’s a long road to travel.
    Venture Surplus ad

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    Honestly, it’s more about making everyone who doesn’t hold an FFL and transfers a firearm into a person who is dealing without a license.

The way the rule is written, if I did not hold am FFL and I sold a firearm, even using an FFL to do the transfer, I would still be considered as engaged in the business.

I’m not even certain it would be legal to consign a gun to an FFL for the sale.
    IF... We decide it is uncomfortably necessary to part (sell) 1 or more of the firearms I legally own... Sell them straight up to the FFL dealer. Can't get in trouble for that can you?

Top Bottom