Join TexasGunTalk

ATF/NFA - Post Your Dates

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by Gpz1100, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Jakashh

Jakashh TGT Addict

Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    3/13/2020 e filed form 1 individual for SBR and paid/sent in fingerprints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. A & P

A & P Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Got several customers stamps recently. trusts in less than 2 months from my signature to atf signature. most recent was 1/15 signed to 3/13 atf signed. Another observation is that it appears they're FINALLY doing batch approvals! I had three stamps come in one day all for the same person. I signed them 6/15, 7/21, and 12/31. They were all approved 3/5. Fastest one yet was still an individual in 47 days. We do about 400 silencers/NFA per year (a few SBRs and MGs). Still just over 1 per day average this year so far.

Get em while they're hot!!

Robert_K likes this.
  3. Robert_K

Robert_K Glocks Not Cocks

Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    While that's great, its also frustrating. I mailed off a F4 Trust for my Sandman K early May 2019. Forgot about it and didn't realize the check never cashed till mid July when I purchased a Q Erector. Had to resubmit both together and have been "pending" since August 1st 2019. If the U.S. Gov't trust me with armed military aircraft, WTF for a freaking muffler! /EndRant

Slotback likes this.
  4. OutlawStar

OutlawStar Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Day 290 for me, its super frustrating hearing people getting theirs back in 45 days.

Robert_K likes this.
  5. Slotback

Slotback Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Did you mail in a Form 4?

6. OutlawStar

OutlawStar Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    not personally, but the gunshop said they'd mail it in and take care of everything. Took my fingerprints and photo. Still waiting.

7. Mungle

Mungle Member

Nov 6, 2013
    I think this requires some attention - hard questions with definitive answers from your dealer.

8. OutlawStar

OutlawStar Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I called the ATF office about a month ago and its been received and currently in "processing" so I imagine the dealer would just say it was sent in a timely manner for them, and theres nothing they can do. I can't imagine pressing or getting pissy would speed anything up. Its clearly in the hands of BATFE now.

Robert_K likes this.
  9. Mungle

Mungle Member

Nov 6, 2013
    You are correct. Having confirmation that the paperwork had been processed and was turned in to ATF was the premise. Knowing when it was sent in might be relevant. In any event, waiting is the only option now.

Robert_K likes this.
  10. A & P

A & P Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    We got a few more forms in yesterday. April 29, May 25, and November 20 were the dates I signed the forms. They all got sent in within a few days. Suffice it to say the return dates are all over the map, even if you're in the "new stack". I've already gotten some approved that I signed 1/15/2020! And that was a trust. The fastest individual was 47 days. I also had one guy get three back on the same day but we signed them June, August, and Dec 31. First week in March.

crzy_one likes this.