• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM47

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    Is the must have a FFL to sell a firearm rule in effect?

I'm looking at selling or trading my Girsan Regard MC w/ threaded barrel and need to know

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I think it's only OK if you give the buyer a bill of sale so he can prove that the gun is registered to him if a police officer demands it. :popcorn:
    1726086984869.png

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I miss Gunny. Been gone over 6 years now. Fun fact: he was never a Gunnery Sergeant. The E-7 was an honorary in 2002, 30 years after he'd left the Corps.

But unlike Tim Walz, he never pretended otherwise.

Yep, Ermey rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant after spending 14 months in Vietnam and doing two tours in Okinawa. He was medically retired for the injuries he received during his service.

While he was the Commandant of the Marine Corps, my old boss, GEN James Jones, honorarily promoted him on 17 May 2002!

1726091408041.png

It was the first and only time the Corps has promoted a retiree!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ermey was a good one. One of my friends met him at SHOT show in Vegas a few years ago, and got to shoot with him a bit. Said he treated her like she was his daughter.

My son and I met him at Top Brass in San Antonio. We were near the front of the line which wrapped around the building. I thought we'd be shuffled through quickly but he actually took time to speak with everyone and sign as many items as were asked of him. He stayed several hours past the end of his visit to ensure those who wanted to meet him got the chance to do so.

When he visited Lackland to do the PSA, he took everyone involved out to lunch stating none of his "boys" will ever pay for their meals when he's around.

He was a true gentleman and great American!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I'm no fun. So, I will just tell you the attempt did not survive scrutiny by the courts.

Plenty legal to sell. If this is your business, get yourself an FFL.

So, you can sell to Texas residents who can legally posess/own firearms.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

You can sell to anyone in the USA.

If they are out of state or a non Texas resident then it has to be shipped to a FFL in the persons home state and I assume it has to be a legal firearm in the state it is going to. I am not sure if that part is the sellers or buyers responsibility.

Although if I sold a gun to a sucker in Cali good luck on him getting his money back from me lol. If its not allowed

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Ermey was a good one. One of my friends met him at SHOT show in Vegas a few years ago, and got to shoot with him a bit. Said he treated her like she was his daughter.
    I met him at a SOF Days conference in Tampa. He was sitting the Glock booth. My brother is a huge fan so I called him and handed Ermey the cell but unfortunately my brother did not pick up. This was back when he was doing "Mail Call" so I invited him to my lab to ride the Centrifuge--the same one astronauts and the Blue Angles train on. He said he would but he had just had brain surgery and didn't think the docs would approve. Great guy. Not a prima donna bone in his body.

Top Bottom