• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well...Lets see how honest the FBI really is *Tries to keep a straight face*

So third party NICS denies a check...Ok. FFL provides personal info...Well lets think about this. So the same information on that 4473 and that's been entered and sent over to NICS; they need the FFL to do what NICS and the FBI can do because they already have that information from the bg check done. I tell ya guys...Nothing pisses me off more than people who pawn off work. Get the FFL to do as much leg work as possible. It's like local PD's that hire stupid shits that don't want to do anything and the locals have to do the leg work to make a case happen. I'm getting done with people...I really am.

Ok...So a local agency is informed. Ordered to go? Ok they go out for a visit. Assuming the local agency is running on all cylinders, if they can't determine if the attempted buyer is truly a prohibited person, then will the local agency be allowed to give a disposition back to NICS/FBI? Watch that they won't be...I bet you.
    Venture Surplus ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Low hanging fruit guys. It's called low hanging fruit. A LE agency won't touch serious crimes...But lets get them gun buyers! Yes sir! Oh boy! We are really making America safer! Noooo...We don't need to put the same resources into human trafficking. What!? The DEA get the resources the FBI has for gun control? Bullshit...

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    This is wrong on so many levels, but it is the Bidet Administration. Glad I am not in the market for additional items, but then the LE here in the Big Town are mostly staunch 2A guys. At lest the ones I have interacted with.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    This is wrong on so many levels, but it is the Bidet Administration. Glad I am not in the market for additional items, but then the LE here in the Big Town are mostly staunch 2A guys. At lest the ones I have interacted with.
    Unless it's in our country. Where certain skin color only applies. There are good local agencies, and there are terrible ones also.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    This is kinda scary.

I've never been denied by a NICS check, but what are the possible reasons an individual could be denied that is otherwise "not prohibited"?
    When I worked for the state, back when background checks first started, I was denied several times. Not delayed but denied. I Had to goto the local police department to get fingerprinted each time. Even though I obviously passed a background check to get a badge and passed a background check and fingerprints check several times prior. I gave my ssn and DL numbers. They still denied me till the late 90s about half the time.

There is a felon with my name and apparently close in birthdates and ssns from my state.

This is not going to end they way they think it will. I bet the number if denials due to being actual felons or wanted persons is under 1%. Those people wouldnt be going thru a background check to begin with.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This is kinda scary.

I've never been denied by a NICS check, but what are the possible reasons an individual could be denied that is otherwise "not prohibited"?
    An FFL calls NICS for a background check. Information is supplied to NICSsuch as relevant infomation from variou agencies that would prohibit a person from owning or legally buying a firearm.But as @candcallen alluded tohaving someone with the same nameas you, who is actually phibited, can come bsck as denial on you as well.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When I worked for the state, back when background checks first started, I was denied several times. Not delayed but denied. I Had to goto the local police department to get fingerprinted each time. Even though I obviously passed a background check to get a badge and passed a background check and fingerprints check several times prior. I gave my ssn and DL numbers. They still denied me till the late 90s about half the time.

There is a felon with my name and apparently close in birthdates and ssns from my state.

This is not going to end they way they think it will. I bet the number if denials due to being actual felons or wanted persons is under 1%. Those people wouldnt be going thru a background check to begin with.
    I have seen this first hand myself. Worked for an FFL in Round Rock in 1999-2004. The number of LEO that came back denied was amazing.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    And they will be until their job, benefits and pension are put at risk. Then they will enthusiastically do exactly as they are told.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    P-Hibited, yo.
    eddy-wally-wow.gif

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm gonna get a NICS check!
    I'm just your normal American reject!
    I bet if I was a democrat...
    The FBI would say were alright with that!

See just give me my gold album now.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That won't matter much...
    Most of them..if it came down to it would take or try to take your guns if it meant their job or pension

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Had a customer order a .50 Beowulf marked stripped lower....he came in filled out the 4473 and was denied.......

I asked had he ever been denied before and he said yes, at a gun show the month before!

Dumbass thought he might get a different response...........

When we sold the shop the lower was transferred to the new owners books....it had been over a year and yet to be resolved........I don't if it ever was.......

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Had a customer order a .50 Beowulf marked stripped lower....he came in filled out the 4473 and was denied.......

I asked had he ever been denied before and he said yes, at a gun show the month before!

Dumbass thought he might get a different response...........

When we sold the shop the lower was transferred to the new owners books....it had been over a year and yet to be resolved........I don't if it ever was.......
    Did he pay for it in advance at least?

Top Bottom