Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The denial/hold actions I've had were in Athens,GA, Southhaven, MS and Memphis,TN from 1973 to 2019.
    Interesting. I have some experience finding people with just basic facts and the number of people who can be mixed up based on a few common factors is surprisingly high...but I wouldn't expect that would be in play in Southhaven MS.

Hmmm. Something to ponder. Thanks.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Interesting. I have some experience finding people with just basic facts and the number of people who can be mixed up based on a few common factors is surprisingly high...but I wouldn't expect that would be in play in Southhaven MS.

The government doesn't like to admit to their mistakes and never gives an explanation. I haven't had an issue since receiving a UPIN several years ago.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Southaven and Memphis are part of the same cesspool, just as Pasadena and Houston are connected.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    For FFL's received yesterday from BATFE...........

As a result of the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022, the NICS Section is initially implementing the required enhanced background check process for persons between the ages of 18-20, on Friday, October 14, 2022, in one state. The enhanced check will begin with the state of Maine. Any person attempting to purchase or residing in Maine, under the age of 21, will receive an initial delay to allow the NICS Section to make the necessary contact with state and local entities, as laid out within the BSCA. As with other delay scenarios, FFLs will be provided with the appropriate Brady Transfer Date.

As soon as an updated status can be provided, FFLs will be contacted immediately. It is possible for an FFL to receive an updated Brady Transfer Date from the NICS Section, following the conclusion of the outreach. The revised date can be placed in Block 32 of the current ATF Form 4473.

Thank you!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A CHL is of even more value now. I haven't had an issue since getting an UPIN from the fbi several years ago.
    >

As I was recently involved in part of this issue, please let me explain that, if one has an out-of-state DL, one cannot legally buy a handgun in Texas, Texas CHL, or not.

But,

With the out-of -state DL and a current TEXAS CHL, one does not need a “ncis” check to buy a long gun.

leVieux.

SickSilverado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    TEXAS
    I believe 2 LEOs have been delayed here. That would be an awkward conversation. "Hey we just got orders to go kick in Deputy Lopez's door and look for guns". [OTHER OFFICER] "What about his department issued weapon?"

DFW1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2021
    Fort Worth
    >> If you're denied a firearms purchase in a NICS check, the ATF will send your address to local law enforcement so they can raid your home and take all your guns. This is why you should have a CHL, even in states that have constitutional carry. With a CHL a NICS check isn't required to purchase a firearm.

ATF Collecting Addresses: NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022

That's one of the yugest benefits to CHL. I took the class and got mixed up with the ppw from the class and DPS, and right about that time TX passed constitutional carry. I need to get that CHL

DFW1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2021
    Fort Worth
    I believe 2 LEOs have been delayed here. That would be an awkward conversation. "Hey we just got orders to go kick in Deputy Lopez's door and look for guns". [OTHER OFFICER] "What about his department issued weapon?"
    Other Officer: "which Deputy Lopez?"

First officer looks with deer-in-the-headlights eyes at Dept Lopez and suddenly realizes there are two Dept Lopez's in his department ........

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It’s not entirely new and after Printz, local law enforcement cannot be compelled to do anything under federal law. FWIW, this is only after a denial, not a delay. A denial means the government for whatever reason believes you to be a prohibited person. If you are in fact a prohibited person your possession of a firearm would be new separate charges.

The thinking behind the bill was to get the ATF and AUSAs to actually investigate and prosecute prohibited persons. Given the current .001% that get investigated I think it’s a good thing.

I love the scare tactic though.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Universal Personal Identification Number. Some people that have the same name as prohibited people will apply for a upin to be able to pass the background check when purchasing a firearm.

Top Bottom