• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    Corpus Christi
    Sorry if this has been done before. If so point me to the article. Where can I locate the process to renew, cost ,etc? What is a good time frame to do so? Can it be done online or do I need to use the mail? Thanks again!
    Target Sports

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Sorry if this has been done before. If so point me to the article. Where can I locate the process to renew, cost ,etc? What is a good time frame to do so? Can it be done online or do I need to use the mail? Thanks again!
    Grew up in Portland. After 30+ years in Houston I miss the tranquility and beauty of the CC area. Good luck with the renewal.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    You cannot renew more than 6 months from your expiration date. If you log in to DPS before that time, you will not see a link to renew. At about the 6 months point you will receive a reminder letter from DPS. Then you just do the whole thing online. Refresher training is no longer required. And if you are inside 6 months, do not delay the process or you risk not getting your new card in time. If your LTC expires, you cannot carry until you get the new one.

Top Bottom