• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Check the date, it's OLD news. The chances of this coming to fruition are about the same as me becoming a Breast Enhancement Surgeon.

Too many old time Blue Dog democrats remember 1994. When they rammed through the first Semi Auto Assault Weapon Ban it sent repercussions throughout the country. In our district, Jack Brooks, who had been a democrat US Congressman since the dawn of time, was shockingly voted out. Even a long time democrat State Senator, Carl Parker, was swept out. This happened all over Texas.

Even Slick Willie, in an article last week, talked about what happened in 1994. He said "The NRA" was responsible for the House losing 15-20 seats. But the NRA was not the ones who pushed through this piece of crap bill. The NRA merely informed the voters and we did the rest.

Believe me, they know, those smart blue dog democrats know. Only the die hard radical left wingers like Holder and Obammy might try and push something like this. But they don't have to worry about re-election in 2010 like the Reps and Senators do.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Get ready for the big rush at the gun store and people trying to gouge you with their stupid high prices on mags and guns...
    I bet TGT will have some bone stock ARs for $4278 beofre days end...lol

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Check the date, it's OLD news. The chances of this coming to fruition are about the same as me becoming a Breast Enhancement Surgeon.

Too many old time Blue Dog democrats remember 1994. When they rammed through the first Semi Auto Assault Weapon Ban it sent repercussions throughout the country. In our district, Jack Brooks, who had been a democrat US Congressman since the dawn of time, was shockingly voted out. Even a long time democrat State Senator, Carl Parker, was swept out. This happened all over Texas.

Even Slick Willie, in an article last week, talked about what happened in 1994. He said "The NRA" was responsible for the House losing 15-20 seats. But the NRA was not the ones who pushed through this piece of crap bill. The NRA merely informed the voters and we did the rest.

Believe me, they know, those smart blue dog democrats know. Only the die hard radical left wingers like Holder and Obammy might try and push something like this. But they don't have to worry about re-election in 2010 like the Reps and Senators do.

Only problem I see is that Obama, Reid, Pelosi have the reins and have demonstrated that they dont care about the public will or the reprecussions. Many of the reps were not around in 1996 when they got their clocks cleaned and theyhave short memories anyway....
    But I hope you are right my friend. 94-04 were dark days for pro 2 A americans

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Some states still have the first AWB in place, CA and NY i know for sure have all or remnants of it. I recall seeing Pre-Ban 30rd AR mags going for $75 a pop as well as AK mags the same before escaping NY.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Obama cut a deal with the anti-2nd Amendment folks in Congress last year. There will be NO serious anti-gun legislation until AFTER the mid-term elections in November 2010. Traditionally, the party in power loses seats during the mid-term. The Left is under a lot of heat with the current economy, their unparalleled spending, and the healthcare nightmare. They want to minimize the exposure to loss.

After the mid-term election, the gloves come off and the Anti's will be churning out the legislation.

Good luck on that 'hope and change' thing.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Some states still have the first AWB in place, CA and NY i know for sure have all or remnants of it. I recall seeing Pre-Ban 30rd AR mags going for $75 a pop as well as AK mags the same before escaping NY.

Nope, those are bans as passed by their state legislatures. The CA ban was done piecemeal with some parts predating the Federal ban and some coming after it (Roberti-Roos in 2000). They have nothing to do with the now defunct Fed ban except that they accomplish similar ends, but in very different ways. CA's ban instituted a registration scheme for those who were in possession pre-ban, but placed a (very flawed and full of gaps) moratorium on the sale, manufacture, transport, etc. of any of these firearms. The registered ones can never be sold inside the state of CA, nor loaned, among a few other things.

Similar on the surface, but very different bans from the Fed ban and from each other.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Forget the obama gun ban, look forward to the Nov. 2010 House & Senate scumbag ban and in 2012 the back to the Chicago with the obama ban....

Unless there is a tsunami in Washington (and PLEASE let there be a tsunami), there will be plenty of scumbags still left after November. The Left Coast, NE Corridor, and Chicago (where even the dead vote more than once) will keep the criminals in office because they are still convinced that only the government can save them.

As C.S. Lewis said, "When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing; they believe in anything."

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I just want to know which one of you guys is selling your fully automatic weapons and grenades to Mexican drug cartels? And more importantly, where are you buying them? Can I get a link?

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    "O" the greatest gun salesman in history. Some day we will find out that he actually made money off the sales! Crooks!
    That law will not affect me. I won't let it. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If i find them tolerable and just, I tolerate them. If I find them to be obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A Heinlein

Top Bottom