• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    In 2009, the last year in which numbers have been reported, there were 13,636 murders. Guns (all guns ie handguns,rifles..etc..) were used to murder 9,146 people. Hands and feet were used to murder 801 people. Blunt objects were used to murder 611 people. IMPORTANT POINT!! Rifles were used to murder 348 people, and that is all rifles (bolt action,.22 LR,single shot etc..), of which assault rifles are only a small fraction. Assault rifles are used so infrequently in homicides that many police departments almost never see them; in 2009, there were nine states that did not have a single murder committed with any rifle. Why are people so mis guided? What are they afraid of?
    Venture Surplus ad

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I am guessing that if a very small fraction of 348 rifle deaths is maybe less than 50 that year then....America's average number of yearly lightning deaths over the past 30 years is 54, a figured jacked up by particularly bad years like 1995, which saw 85 deaths, and 1987, which saw 88. The average over the last decade drops to 32, with 2011 experiencing the lowest number on record at 26 lightning deaths. So you have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than by being killed by an "assault rifle".

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    [h=2]"Assault Weapon" ban.....Why?[/h]Touchy feely my friend, that's why. Some people REFUSE to let facts enter in to the equation.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358339369.770506.jpg

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    What is an "assault weapon" and what in assault rifle?

For once I agree with you. I use the quotations to refer to the weapon in the context of what the media is referring to. Thats why I put it in quotations. personally I do not like the term. That is for another argument.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Because some people think they look scary, which allows corrupt politicians to point at them and say "LOOK!!! IT'S GOT STUFF ATTACHED TO IT!!! THAT MAKES IT SUPER-DANGEROUS!!! I WILL PROTECT YOU!!!"

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Politicians fear comes from the fact that weapons such as these could be used against them to great effectiveness if the citizenry believe it was time for such action. Their constituency have historically never questioned what they are told by their leaders and so the truth has nothing to do with their beliefs.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Because unfortunately they were recently used in mass shootings to murder many innocent victims, that's exactly why. The media plastered images of AR's & AK's all over the T.V. and newspapers around the country. Half of this country is populated by "uninformed" individuals, meaning they know only what they need to know to get through their day to day life and don't give two shits about anything else. The media caters to such persons as they're easily persuaded to accept whichever viewpoint they're force feeding them. Liberals want gun control/bans because Republicans fight/protect firearms. So instead of thinking outside the box.... oh I don't know, like maybe, mental health history integrated with criminal background checks for new gun purchases, weird idea I know..... Well Liberals may decide it's much more easier to just take everyone's guns away by making them illegal! You fellas wanna guess when they're gonna stop attacking our rights? Think Boston Tea Party, folks. I guess we'll find out today if voicing our opinions and voting have really done anything or not.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom