• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personally, I have never understood the rationale behind a grown man, that felt compelled to ask his wife for permission to buy something, or to do something he wanted to do.

Hell, I'm a grown ass man! I haven't asked for permission since I was sixteen years old. I have had to ask for forgiveness a few times over the years, but never for permission.

Am I the last of a dying breed?
    Capitol Armory ad

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Selfish? How do you figure that?

Going on 18 years of marriage, I'd say ours is successful! And trust me, there is no one more respected by me than my wife.
    Congrats on 18! We going on 24 yrs, I quit smoking almost 13 yrs ago. As long as she can go shopping when she wants (not often), it’s easy to show up with a new toy. Hell, the last couple have been for the house and One or two for her anyways. The status of this world done lost their mind has her thinking more.....like me, and now the last 12 yrs my prepping is not paranoia.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Congrats on 18! We going on 24 yrs, I quit smoking almost 13 yrs ago. As long as she can go shopping when she wants (not often), it’s easy to show up with a new toy. Hell, the last couple have been for the house and One or two for her anyways. The status of this world done lost their mind has her thinking more.....like me, and now the last 12 yrs my prepping is not paranoia.

Congrats! It seems someone read what I wrote the wrong way. My wife does without nothing she wants or needs. I also will move heaven and earth to see she gets what she wants. But there is huge comparative difference between my first two ex-wives and my current third wife. My first two expected me to ask their permission to buy something, or to go and do something with my friends. Operative word, ex-wives!

The basis of the idea of the thread was from another forum of a guy having to ask his wife's permission to buy a gun! I laughed out loud, for a long time!

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Congrats! It seems someone read what I wrote the wrong way. My wife does without nothing she wants or needs. I also will move heaven and earth to see she gets what she wants. But there is huge comparative difference between my first two ex-wives and my current third wife. My first two expected me to ask their permission to buy something, or to go and do something with my friends. Operative word, ex-wives!

The basis of the idea of the thread was from another forum of a guy having to ask his wife's permission to buy a gun! I laughed out loud, for a long time!
    Three times???? Damn. Me and her always joke if this don’t work out we never doing it again. I think we got lucky, I know I did anyways.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Three times???? Damn. Me and her always joke if this don’t work out we never doing it again. I think we got lucky, I know I did anyways.

My first one lasted maybe a year! Then I went about five years before getting married to the second one. That one lasted about twelve years. We grew apart. Life, and work and our schedules sort of got in the way.

But there will never be a fourth Mrs. Axxe! I just don't think I would ever find anyone as great as she is!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I think as long as it goes both ways, and financially you can afford it then no permission is necessary.
    I consult with my wife on big purchases, because i consider it to be our money, not mine. Even though i make way more than her.

I came home 1 1/2 hours late from work yesterday with a glock box in hand. Played with my G45 MOS for an hour on the couch before helping with dinner. Not one question asked. In our early marriage years i would have been castrated because we couldnt afford it.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I think as long as it goes both ways, and financially you can afford it then no permission is necessary.
    I consult with my wife on big purchases, because i consider it to be our money, not mine. Even though i make way more than her.

I came home 1 1/2 hours late from work yesterday with a glock box in hand. Played with my G45 MOS for an hour on the couch before helping with dinner. Not one question asked. In our early marriage years i would have been castrated because we couldnt afford it.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

It's also about being responsible too. Neither of us has concerns as long as the bills are paid!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Before I got married to my wife I explained how I was not going to have any regrets in my life about what I choose to do & that included getting married to her. I knew there were things in life my dad wanted while he was supporting his family that didn't come to him until the family parted. I told my wife I could afford her, but a kid would throw that into question. She was busy with school & a kid was farthest from her mind. Even when her friends were cranking out kids we didn't.

The only thing that I ever bought that I wanted her approval on was the house. Next one not so much so!
    I have bought vehicles & guns woth as much & never asked. She is smart enough to see the value in the things I buy are my happiness which trickles down to her happiness.

When the opportunity to go hunting in Africa came up she said go! Next trip that was going to be a full month during our anniversary go! Last trip go! Never once did she ask to go along. Running off with buddies were never an issue. The issue may have been what her parents thought, but my wife knew I did not answer to them!

Life boils down to 2 things time & money. Having the right amount of both is everything! I would hate to find out now that I'm old I have to much money.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    After 27 years of marriage, yup to the same woman, we pretty much what each other is thinking. It's not unusual for her to say..... your thinking about going to the range, why don't you go...your thinking about going for a bike ride, go ahead and be careful.....you haven't seen (insert a friend here) lately say hi to him for me. And my wife is always thinking about going shopping, so all I have to say is about time for you to go shopping isn't it and know that I'm right. We both know we don't have to ask each other for permission to do anything. I trust her and she trust me not to do and thing stupid.

Side note..... she goes shopping quite often but doesn't buy much at all. She does do a lot of window shopping.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My current wife has one of the sweetest personalities of anyone you could ever meet. She cares more about others, more than herself. She has been this way pretty much her whole life. Gives more that she has ever gotten in return.

I knew what type of person she was when I married her. She asks for so little from others, that when she does want something, I try to see that she gets it.

Some men say that their wives are the better part of their lives. Mine is the best part of my life. She is more than I ever deserved, God did truly bless me when I met her.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    consult with my wife on big purchases, because i consider it to be our money, not mine.

Pretty much this.

We both budget fun money into the budget. However much we have, we are free and clear to spend it how we choose. Anything that goes much beyond that, we have to find it in the budget so we will be talking about where the money comes from to pay for it.

It's our money and we're partners in this marriage. We're both responsible for ensuring our financial well being and we aren't able to do that if we aren't accountable to our budget and to each other.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am old fashioned. The husband is the head of the family, as I believe God intended it.

I do try to take into account her wishes, but at the end of the day I am responsible for making the decision if we cannot agree. Not very often that we don't agree anyhow.

A ship cannot have two people at the rudder.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Feb 2020 was 30 years for my bride and I. First marriage for both of us. Been a roller coaster ride for sure.

We both are focused on the overall needs of the family, so major decisions are generally made with discussion and in concert. That said, we really try and support each other, admittedly she supports me better than I support her.

The only major disagreement was/is on ammo reloading. She is adamantly against my doing it at our home and she wants nothing to do with shooting any reloaded ammo. But...she has never stopped me from buying ammo and storing it. And being a frugal guy who's gone through a few droughts, I am of the "buy it cheap and stack it" persuasion, so that works for me.

Works for us.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    No, just selfish. Respect goes both ways in a successful marriage.
    Maybe not the selfish part, I guess it depends on their understanding between each other. But to the rest yes. I never ask permission, but I will discuss a big purchase with my wife before I make it, and I expect her to do the same with me (and I don't expect her to ask permission either).

Top Bottom