Hurley's Gold

Army adopting SIG 320?? Good enough for me. I got one Saturday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Here are some more (hopefully better) pictures
    View attachment 183508 View attachment 183509 View attachment 183511
    Note that the mag release is stuck open.

He talked to sig, and they wanted him to pay for shipping, and for cleaning/replacement parts

If those are the pictures sent to the MFG, there is no doubt they payment for parts and labor. There is visible moisture and dirt and lint and crud in the crevices as well as the surface. It appears dirty, dry (of oil) and seemingly kept in a truck bed tool box. I wouldn't warranty anything on that.
    DK Firearms

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If those are the pictures sent to the MFG, there is no doubt they payment for parts and labor. There is visible moisture and dirt and lint and crud in the crevices as well as the surface. It appears dirty, dry (of oil) and seemingly kept in a truck bed tool box. I wouldn't warranty anything on that.

Pay for cleaning? Sure, but sig admitted after being sent the photos that the rust is not normal and should not happen. To admit that the gun has flaws and ask the owner to pay to fix said issues is full pants on head retarded. No matter what company the CS rep works for

The gun was kept well oiled, but in any case its not a fine blued colt SAA from the 1800's, its a pistol designed and built in the last 10 years.

And it wasn't kept in a truck bed tool box. It was showing rust after 3 days

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Pay for cleaning? Sure, but sig admitted after being sent the photos that the rust is not normal and should not happen. To admit that the gun has flaws and ask the owner to pay to fix said issues is full pants on head retarded. No matter what company the CS rep works for

The gun was kept well oiled, but in any case its not a fine blued colt SAA from the 1800's, its a pistol designed and built in the last 10 years.

And it wasn't kept in a truck bed tool box. It was showing rust after 3 days

My man, presentation is everything.

The visual examples provided here show as much evidence of neglect as any possible defect; regardless of what the factory representative did or did not admit to. If you take your 2 month old truck back to the dealer looking like it was just drug out of the Mississippi River with a warranty complaint of the front axle no longer engaging and making noise, I'm sure they'll tell you it shouldn't be doing that; but you're going to pay a bill if you want it fixed.

Disclaimer: I'm really brand neutral; own MANY bang sticks yet do not currently and have never had a Sig. My interest in the subject here comes from the US military adopting this weapon. I would really like to read more range and performance reports about these.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    My man, presentation is everything.

The visual examples provided here show as much evidence of neglect as any possible defect; regardless of what the factory representative did or did not admit to. If you take your 2 month old truck back to the dealer looking like it was just drug out of the Mississippi River with a warranty complaint of the front axle no longer engaging and making noise, I'm sure they'll tell you it shouldn't be doing that; but you're going to pay a bill if you want it fixed.

Disclaimer: I'm really brand neutral; own MANY bang sticks yet do not currently and have never had a Sig. My interest in the subject here comes from the US military adopting this weapon. I would really like to read more range and performance reports about these.

The gun was carried for a total of 5 days before a major component stopped working reliably

And a gun is a touch simpler than a truck.

This gun was not even remotely close to being abused

This is more akin to somones week old truck that was only driven a few miles each day having the steering wheel pop off and then the manufacturer says "yeah that shouldn't happen" and then require the owner pay to take care of the problem.

I don't think I'm being that harsh when i say that is not good customer service

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Those pictures show a gun that looks like hell. I have trained in rain with my P320 Fullsize tacops and never had rust like that. Hell I have never had my issued military weapons rust like that after being in the field for 3 weeks straight in the rain and mud.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Those pictures show a gun that looks like hell. I have trained in rain with my P320 Fullsize tacops and never had rust like that. Hell I have never had my issued military weapons rust like that after being in the field for 3 weeks straight in the rain and mud.
    But what about a military style assault rifle?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    "He said the transit agency chose the Glock because the model is known to be safe and reliable, "

Glock 17s, whataya know....

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Sorry you had an issue with yours. All 4 of mine have been reliable and accurate so far. It's one of the best shooting pistol platforms I have had.

GMA8877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2019
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    This isn't a comment on the 320, I don't know anything about it - don't own one. And I'm not anti Sig, I'm picking up a 365XL today. But the army doesn't make purchasing decisions based on quality or what works best, they make decisions based on what lines the pentagon's pockets.
    Read "Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War". Colonel John Boyd is the OODA loop guy, although his biggest contribution to the world is probably his Energy/Maneuverability Theory. The book details his incredible contributions to the art/science of aerial combat. The biggest take-away for me, though, was the vast corruption he fought against in the pentagon. Tale after tale of purchase contracts diverted to the seller that offered the biggest bribe, essentially. Bear in mind this is always at the cost of the lives of fighting men. If anything, I'm understating it. The government is always the problem.
    I might buy that for regular military but not special forces who get quality they need because of the missions typically require the best people, firearms and other needed stuff to carry out high stakes covert operations

GMA8877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2019
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I shoot hammer guns better that striker guns due to the generally poor striker-inherent trigger creep.

The only acceptable way to get away with disparaging Glocks (I don't like them) is by saying 1911s are sublime.

My only truly beloved striker fired pistols are my HK P7s and they are a unique case.
    And I like my VP70Zs just because they are so damn weird.

If my 320 continues to function fine it may become my always-in-the-truck-safe gun!
    Hopefully your bad one was a rare anomaly. Surely the military extensively tested them.
    So far my P320 X Carry has been a joy to shoot and easy to clean. My M&P M2.0 9mm is a quality and reliable firing weapon but “for me” not as accurate with it (again probably me) with age and arthritis the 5” barrel not quite as easy to control as my 3.9” P320. I guess not as balanced as the Sig

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I love Sigs I have a 320c, 320RX w Romeo1, P365 and a P238 Scorpion .380 and I love them all. They shoot great the p365 and the 320RX is harder to rack the slide then I would like because they seem to have a much stronger recoil spring and I am getting older. I've shot quite a few different 9 mm including glock, kahr , S&W, and even llama my first pistol back in the mid 70's. Even though they are a bit more expensive Sig is my favorite.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom