• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbusch188

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2022
    Youngstown Ohio
    Has anyone tried any of the Arken scopes for long rang shooting? Any thoughts/ feedback on how they preform?

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    A search of this forum doesn’t bring many results, but my research reveals favorable reviews. I just ordered an EP5 for my Bergara B14R trainer, you're welcome to sit behind it if you would like. Coupon code Rex170 saved me $170 when I added the accessory kit with my optic, just an FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    The Gen2 Arkens are on sale at the moment. I was so impressed with my EP5 that I ordered myself a Gen2 SH4 to go with it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Has anyone tried any of the Arken scopes for long rang shooting? Any thoughts/ feedback on how they preform?

While the visual quality of scopes has vastly improved in recent times, you still get what you pay for when it comes to optics.
    There's a reason that serious shooter's / competitor's don't use low priced scopes - They just don't work or last.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    While the visual quality of scopes has vastly improved in recent times, you still get what you pay for when it comes to optics.
    There's a reason that serious shooter's / competitor's don't use low priced scopes - They just don't work or last.
    Are you a serious shooter? Do you compete? If so what glass are you running on your rifles at the moment? At what point do you find the law of diminishing return with your optics, and why? Just out of curiosity, what was your latest optic purchase?

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Are you a serious shooter? Do you compete? If so what glass are you running on your rifles at the moment? At what point do you find the law of diminishing return with your optics, and why? Just out of curiosity, what was your latest optic purchase?

Yes, Been shooting long range out to a mile for a long, long time. Don't compete much, never had the time.
    A couple S&B PMII's, IOR Valdada Recon, Steiner T5Xi, Delta Stryker HD, Athlon Cronus / Ares series, several Sightron SIII's, along with several older Japanese made Weaver Super Slam & Classic Extreme series scopes on Hunting rifles. Have owned Nightforce, Swarovski, and Revic also, along with having a couple Bushnell & Sightron SII scopes on rimfire rifles.

For me, Diminishing return is wasting money on cheap crap scopes that either don't work very well, or break while using them.
    Lifetime Warranties are great, until you need to use them often like(Vortex), or the company goes out of business or gets sold (Nikon - Weaver,etc).
    I buy a lot of my high end optics used. (1) I save a ton of money over buying them new. (2) They are under warranty, so if something isn't right or they break, they will get repaired FREE. (3) Why pay new prices when you can find a lightly used scope or buy a discontinued version of a great scope when a new model is coming out for 35% - 50% off the retail price. You just have to look for the deals!

The last scope I bought was for the new custom 223 that I built. I was planning on buying another Athlon Cronus or Delta Stryker scope for it, but came across a great deal on a used S&B PMII for a few $$$ more. I'll never lose any money on the S&B if I decide to sell it. If I'd bought a new scope and decided to sell it in a few years, I'd lose several $$$.

King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    A good friend of mine has several Arken scopes and has mounted them to 308 bolt guns. He did his research and spoke with Reps at Arken. My friend also has Nightforce NX8, Vortex Razor as well as Steiner. He shoots out to 800 yards for his enjoyment, no competition. He likes the Arken for what the are….

Blanco

Conspiracy Theorist and Custom foil hat builder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    North Richland Hills, Tx.
    Arken has the new EPL4 series scopes that are available now.
    These are in a nutshell a downsized version of the EP-5.
    Same glass and mechanicals as the EP-5 in a 30 mm tube.
    Very nice if you don't need the 34mm and it's weight.

fishermen0105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Belton
    They are Chinese scopes but they seem to have overall favorable reviews. My dad has one and it tracks and returns to zero so far. They are not supposed to be as bulletproof as a Nightforce or Swfa.

Top Bottom