Military Camp

SOLD *SPF* Arisaka Type 99 w/ Mum + Winchester Mdl 141 (project gun)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    *Both rifles are sold pending funds* Decided to let these two go. We'll start with the Arisaka, as its the more interesting of them. I had a thread about this gun here --> https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/to-refinish-or-not-antique-military-rifles.100894/

Here's current pix, taken 10/25/2020

iXL0Kro.jpg

Cn6447v.jpg

IiePobf.jpg

wIVkKnO.jpg

R3Q82wG.jpg

iAoExbL.jpg

J68SgWL.jpg

DEUSdlt.jpg

t81qCCj.jpg

VJ1oxRu.jpg

797Hlpf.jpg

UoszLYX.jpg

Ty9srxZ.jpg

pYuzCiz.jpg

RMIO2a8.jpg

I checked Gunbroker.com listings to see what these are going for and the market is all over. I don't feel right pricing on the high side, due to the spotty rust issues, but this gun has the in-tact mum + the dust cover and the finish isn't bad over-all compared to guns I've seen (and it has *not* been refinished), plus its not been sporterized or messed with much beyond my initial attempts to take the surface rust off. I'm asking $500 for this specimen.

The other gun I'm letting go of right now is a Winchester Model 141 - its a bolt action tube mag fed .22lr. The magazine is routed thru the butt of the stock, instead of under the barrel. Its missing the magazine plunger - Numrich does list these. I haven't tried to buy one recently, Numrich wasn't shipping stuff due to COVID when I tried months ago. I'd had some issues with the bolt sticking as well - its very difficult to get it to lock in or unlock, but moves freely for 90% of the travel - not sure what's the issue here. The Revelation scope that's on it, is, to the best of my knowledge original to the gun. Its a handy feeling little gun, I just don't have the energy to futz with it to get it running right now. Letting it go cheap at $80 since the buyer is probably going to drop $40 into a new magazine rod.

2VB8gM2.jpg

23su9di.jpg

nO9tMEt.jpg

npB8Hwd.jpg

BnwfERH.jpg

I have a few trades I would consider:

M&P 2.0 9mm any size with or without manual safety
    M&P 1.0 9mm Compact (original 12 round gun) + cash or ammo
    Glock 19, 17, 43X or 48
    Sig P365

No bill of sale nonsense necessary.
    Military Camp