• ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Who shoots matches out at Area 59?

Which matches do you try to make?

We have shot the Outer Limits steel challenge matches and the Open Carry USPSA matches.

Going tomorrow (husband and I both registered on a squad, sharing our Glock 34).

Anyone else shoot matches there anytime?
    ARJ Defense ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I didn't even know about this place and it's 20 minutes from my house. I swear every time I turn around, I discover a new club or range out here.

I'll need to see about checking out a match some time.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    The people there are real friendly. It’s hard to find though, the range.

I’ll update tomorrow about how the match goes

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    I’ve shot out there w Rosenberg defensive pistol club

Decent place, and it’s out there and I’m at 99 & Mason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Argh. I jammed my Glock 34 continually the whole match. Husband DID NOT jam it (same pistol). Mag changes were brutal and I had tons of double feeds on each stage. Sigh. That was not fun. And it’s on me, apparently.
    :(

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    ^^^ thanks. I’ll figure it out. Limp wristing and grip problem is most of it, and mostly at the time I change mags. I’ve got a simultaneous ambi button on the mag release so both lefty me and righty hubs can use the same firearm, and I really do not like the left handed button as I can not reach it easily (have to shift the pistol to get my thumb to it) and it’s too small. I have not learned to get my grip back in place after mag release. I guess I need to slow down that part and focus.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm sorry you had a tough match. :|

I just saw on their Facebook page they are offering PCC matches. I now have the perfect excuse to put a PCC on my wishlist. :D

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    ^^^
    Thanks! Probably being there as a couple with the hubs and each of us being stressed over our own foibles during our performances didn’t help.
    :P

We just vented to each other and I had a hard time keeping my feelings in and needed more supportive comments than “well, it’s NOT the gun.” Haha.

Well I’ll figure it out. Will practice mag changes tomorrow.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I had a very helpful meeting with an instructor plus some range time where I figured out several things I can work on (I detailed these in the A Girl and A Gun thread).

Also, the gun WAS an issue in part. It was inadequately oiled, which affected me (with less upper body strength and stability) more than the husband, even WITH accounting for the errors I made with grip, etc.

Looking forward to practicing more and trying again.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Well... I’m trying again tomorrow in a USPSA match. By myself, since my husband’s on call.

But I DID have him clean and oil my gun for me, so if something goes wrong it can still be his fault even though he is not on the premises.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Well, I haven’t been to one of these in a while. I miss them, and I’m not going to get better if I don’t go.

Money is tight though, sigh. It’s all these stupid costs for Boy Scouts camp. And consider I don’t even LIKE my teenagers right now, the big jerks.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    @Wildcat Diva, have you been shooting out there lately? I've gotten the bug to try out IDPA, USPSA and Steel Challenge to see what I like. I figure the OCC at Area 59 ought to be a good place to get started.

Top Bottom