• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You are on to a few things here worth discussing.

1) SWAT/Delta/SEAL/Ninja Training not always applicable to civilians. It's true: as a civilian I will never get to pick the time and place of the gunfight, while armored head-to-toe, with a stack of well-armed guys behind me, and a medevac helicopter hovering overhead if I get hit. A civilian is predominantly concerned with the reactive gunfight, where they start behind the power curve and it's more important to not get shot than to shoot the other guy. There are some very effective tactics and techniques used by LEOs and elite teams that are applicable to civilians: however, we need not accept "the way we did it on the teams" as gospel for civilian gunfighters.

2) The "Gun Guru" is dead. The advent of simunitions and the airsoft pistol has empowered individuals to find out for themselves just what works and what doesn't. While there are certainly guys with tons of experience and great ideas to draw from, with these "force-on-force" tools we can now shine the light of "combative truth" on any suggested tactic or technique and draw our own conclusions. Even better, we can find out what works best for our individual circumstances.
    Generally i agree, except for 2.

There is still a market for knowledgeable instructors, because they are teaching what has been learned in the past 20 years of armed conflict, and training for. The days of the unaccredited nobody vastly overstating his experience and getting into positions he has no business in (cough cough Masaad Ayoob cough cough) are over. Now we can more easily verify if people are who they say they are, and have done what they say they've done.

Yes airsoft and simunitions are great tools, but they will not teach marksmanship, they can't show you if you are doing anything wrong, amongst other things

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    OK. 10 years ago maybe different. kids are grown up now, and grabbing daddy's foot isn't the best response to bump in the night. So what's the guidance for today? and which weapon? do I grab the rat blaster .22 and watch then bounce off his tactical vest or a .45 and shoot my neighbor thru the wall or a shotgun and take out the whole wall and maybe the dog too? inquiring minds...? Airsoft.... well I can buy a real Glock for the price of a umarex and a couple cans of plastic bbs. not that simple anymore for paranoid old folks. just saying...

Top Bottom