ARJ Defense ad

Are we done sport shaming and playing cancel culture? Cause the stars are going to the finals.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can't in all honesty say I am going to boycott any professional sports. That would imply that I still watch professional sports. That would be deceptive on my part and misleading. I quit watching most professional sports, including NASCAR many, many years ago. So I can't boycott something I haven't participated in many years.

But, I still see much of what is going on in the news with the huge amounts of disrespect for our flag, our country and those that serve protecting and defending those things. It makes me just as upset as any real American to see such displays of disrespect.

And to add in these professional sports teams, and players, supporting some of the causes that they do, even further upsets me.
    Hurley's Gold

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    The only sport I have ever spent any time watching was Bowling, I watched because I was at one time fairly decent at the game, had a dozen different bowling balls, shoes etc. This year is a no bowl because of C-19. I had taken a 10+ year hiatus from the game due to work schedules, came back in for a short winter season, and even after 10 years of not participating averaged 195 the first night back, on old wood lanes, not the nice synthetic ones. Felt damn good to be back! I miss it very much.

Heck, did not know Texas even had a a hockey team.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The only sport I have ever spent any time watching was Bowling, I watched because I was at one time fairly decent at the game, had a dozen different bowling balls, shoes etc. This year is a no bowl because of C-19. I had taken a 10+ year hiatus from the game due to work schedules, came back in for a short winter season, and even after 10 years of not participating averaged 195 the first night back, on old wood lanes, not the nice synthetic ones. Felt damn good to be back! I miss it very much.

Heck, did not know Texas even had a a hockey team.

Most excellent!

Here's a thought for some to consider. How about we start supporting less mainstream, or popular sports, for those that are less popular, but seem to support and uphold American values and ideals?

Bowling is a pretty much All-American past-time and sport. Lets show some of these over-paid professional sports celebrities that they aren't needed, or wanted and that we don't care about their political opinions.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I cant fault individual players for personal beliefs. That would by the pinnacle of hypocrisy. I can and do disagree with many of them. I would actually respect some of them for those opinions if they committed the least bit of critical thought or were learned and balanced. There are a couple that are like that but the rest are ignorant drones blowing in the wind.

What does piss me off is the corporate behavior of the organizations themselves and the only reason why they wont get my money from ticket sales and merch.

Nor do I have a neilson box or watch much sports on pay tv services.

It's been 25 years since I watched a BBgame and I was a huge phx suns fan. Went to many games in the 80s early 90s. BBall has become a communist cum dumpster with their groveling to china. That really pisses me off.

I'm not totally sour on nascar but it's been a few years since I bought merch or went to races and I've went to 2 or 3 a year for many years. If you know nascar you know the expense/commitment involved in doing that. You have to plan vacations and crap. Bristol, I love racing in Bristol in person. Hell any racing is an immersive and completely different experience in person. You havnt experienced any type of racing till you have done it in person. Especially at short tracks or drag strips.

Never liked baseball, went a couple years without so much as caring about football over the marxist bullshit. And as I said Hockey is a sport I enjoy more in person than on tv.

I do like to watch the strong man stuff. And shooting stuff. They havnt phucked those up yet.

I dont like America's newest sport of reality TV. Those people are to stupid and pathetic to realise the whole premise of these shows is people making fun of your stupidity along with equally pathetic fans who are sucked in.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm not a hockey fan. Don't understand the rules other than puck goes in the net it's a goal. You get more goals than the other team you win. And something about lines and icing.

I watched the Stars win the Stanley Cup last time because, at least we had a winning team instead of the losers in the other sports.

I was wondering if Hockey was having the protests like the NFL was doing. I take it from this thread that they are.

Top Bottom