ARJ Defense ad

Are there any S.A. range days anytime soon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    S.A.
    Since I'm new to the forum I was just wondering if there is a quarterly meet up and range day or something. I don't know anyone in town who shoots and I need to get to the range. It would be nice to meet some like minded folks and go for a good therapy session.
    DK Firearms

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    While there might not be any specific "range days," folks will usually post up on here when they plan to go shooting so keep an eye on this section.

Also, what part of town are you in? SA is big, and folks tend to stay in their "quarter" (NW, NE, SW, SE). Luckily there are ranges in all quadrants of the city, some better than others. I'm retired military so I usually go to Camp Bullis, but you have to be a DoD ID card holder to shoot there. I am not a big fan of the Bullethole over west of 1604 off Grosenbacher, but some people like shooting there. If you're up on the NE side of town, Bracken has had some "issues" but there's also Cedar Ridge a little further out. On the SW side of town Blackhawk is a good range, albeit a bit weird in how it's set up (the targets are all in one line, and shooters move forward and back to change their shooting distance). Still, it works and I've never felt unsafe shooting there.

On the SE side of town there's Bexar County Range and A Place To Shoot, although the latter currently has a legal injunction against the shooting of rifles due to some wild ass claims of stray rounds ending up on a golf course a mile away...

Cheers! M2

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Since I'm new to the forum I was just wondering if there is a quarterly meet up and range day or something. I don't know anyone in town who shoots and I need to get to the range. It would be nice to meet some like minded folks and go for a good therapy session.

I can shoot on Saturdays. Also sometimes during the week. I am in the NE side of S.A..

6speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    S.A.
    I too live on the N.E. side. I'm thinking of going to the bullethole this weekend to go pick up a lower for my AR build. Was thinking at first to pick one up at the gun show this weekend but If I can pick up a lower and go shooting, well thats beats a gun show in my book.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I would call Alex at Dreadnaught Industries before buying that lower, you'd probably get a better deal (and a better lower) from him than from the Bullethole.

Secondly, the gun shows here are great events; especially when we get a crowd from this forum together to go. Usually that involves having breakfast beforehand then a concentrated effort to spend each other's money once we get inside the show!

Unfortunately, my weekend is shot (I'm shooting with the FBI Saturday morning, and flying out on Sunday for work). If I get to the SAXET show it will be sometime Saturday afternoon. I'm not even sure if I'm gonna bother, as I believe all the best deals go early.

Cheers! M2

6speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    S.A.
    oh damn, good thing I looked at that other thread. It's the bullethole in Jourdanton. That would have sucked. I guess I'll make it to the gunshow after all.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I too live on the N.E. side. I'm thinking of going to the bullethole this weekend to go pick up a lower for my AR build. Was thinking at first to pick one up at the gun show this weekend but If I can pick up a lower and go shooting, well thats beats a gun show in my book.

I'm near thousad oaks, and i35. I have been wanting to try out Bexar couty range.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    I used to go to Bullethole (Range) on Grossenbacher, but I am starting to have a liking for Cedar Ridge now, went last weekend, and may go again next weekend, I live between NW Military and Blanco close to 1604. I have organized some range days back in the day and am always looking for more people to shoot with, gimme a holler :)

6speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    S.A.
    I will for sure be getting one from Alex. Everyone says nothing but great things about them and it's a chance to support a local business.

I've been out to Bexar county range once or twice to shoot skeet, but haven't seen the rifle range yet. I haven't been to cedar ridge yet either, is it a decent place? I know I need to go shoot in the next couple of weeks.

Armyguy80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Cibolo
    Ive been to cedar ridge and thats my go-to range. After the initial "exam" its a great place to shoot. Tons of bays, the owners leave you alone, most of the time all you will worry about is mayby 5 other shooters in your bay. You are your own rangemaster, can move targets distance and have had nothing but positive interactions with other shooters there. I am also always looking to find people to go shooting with and live in NE SA. Cibolo actually. If interested in shooting together some time let me know.

z28pwr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    San Antonio
    I like going to Cedar Ridge range but mostly to the Steel Challenge or the Texas Tactical events on Saturday's. I will be at the Steel Challenge on Saturday the 12th.

Top Bottom