DK Firearms

Are the cuckoos running Harley Davidson really that stupid?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    This guy in the video. I guess that's who they are targeting.

upload_2019-10-10_18-18-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-10_18-18-4.png
      upload_2019-10-10_18-18-4.png
      94.8 KB · Views: 223

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Yeah, they have, but who bought one from Best Buy? Zero finally has a dealer in Austin, between Ducati’s and such. In terms of main stream availability in a dealer network I’d still say electric bikes are in the early adopter phase. The live wire is for the same class of people that would buy a Tesla P 95. When they don’t sell and finally get marked down they’ll be considered collectors items in 20 years just like the XLCR and probably the XR 1200 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I can understand the early adoption thing. I looked at one in 2012. Then, just like now, price keeps me from buying. Electric is great for short commuting. But the price has to be lower for me to buy something that is dedicated to short trips.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Here's the rub.
    You are a dying demographic.
    Harley purists can rant and rave and pull their hair out but they are a fading market.
    H-D must adapt or fail.
    Younger folks haven't bought into the Harley biker culture.
    Add in the crazy money Harley wants for new bikes and it is easy to see why H-D is struggling.
    I say this as a former H-D owner and rider.
    $30K for a motorpickle is insane.

Yep, hard for young guys to buy in to the culture of an overpriced bike made with parts from China and Mexico so they can be part of the cool club and wear Harley branded leather jackets, gloves, dew rags, glasses, socks, underwear, etc all bought from the dealership before they meet up with the rest of the H.O.G.s to ride out like a bunch of bad asses. Why wouldn’t a younger generation want to join the Harley Davidson Bad Ass Boomers club?

There are people that have been riding Harley since before Harley was nothing more than overpriced bikes marketed to people who will spend a ton of money on overpriced branded gear, but there is nothing cool about joining the modern day Harley culture.

Now c’mon fellas, let’s load our Bikes up on a trailer and haul them to Sturgis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I’ve had lots of motorcycles over the years, including HD, BMW, Triumph, Buell, Honda, Suzuki, etc. But I never felt the need to dress up like a pirate to have fun riding.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Yep, hard for young guys to buy in to the culture of an overpriced bike made with parts from China and Mexico so they can be part of the cool club and wear Harley branded leather jackets, gloves, dew rags, glasses, socks, underwear, etc all bought from the dealership before they meet up with the rest of the H.O.G.s to ride out like a bunch of bad asses. Why wouldn’t a younger generation want to join the Harley Davidson Bad Ass Boomers club?

There are people that have been riding Harley since before Harley was nothing more than overpriced bikes marketed to people who will spend a ton of money on overpriced branded gear, but there is nothing cool about joining the modern day Harley culture.

Now c’mon fellas, let’s load our Bikes up on a trailer and haul them to Sturgis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can use my overpriced made in Mexico pickup to haul that trailer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yer suppose-ta dress up like a pirate when you're a harley driving orthodontist...or a hedge fund manager, cuz man, you a bad ass...

Hey, I'm an outlaw, but I'm also an enviro-guy so I drive me a kick butt e-scooter...

Now, my husband is a manly man, like me...and he and I (both of us manly men) want a h.d. e-bike to drive in the upcoming gay pride parade...

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ben,

Looked at the link and saw buh bye to Harley e-bikes, but also noticed it's filled with 'get rich schemes' - invest like hillary and voila' your financial dreams will come true...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Looked at the link and saw buh bye to Harley e-bikes, but also noticed it's filled with 'get rich schemes' - invest like hillary and voila' your financial dreams will come true...
    It's Reuters and the earliest-posted page on the subject I found. What other stuff Reuters allows on their site, I couldn't say.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I bought my first Harley back in 1971. Rode them off and on until 2007. During that time I have seen it where dealers couldn't give bikes away and have seen it where dealers were getting 10K over retail due to the high demand.
    My last Harley was a 1999 FXST Softail that I "customized". In 2007 I sold it. The guy that bought it has approached me to buy it back. I have been away from motorcycles for the past twelve years. It floored me when I found out that my $15,000 (+) Softail was only worth around $3,500 today.

Harley decided to cut their loses years ago and sold out to AMF (the bowling ball company). Production went up but quality came down. The Harley family bought the company back and things picked up. I think this will happen again in the future. There are too many older guys with discretionary capital to let Harley fail.

Top Bottom