Are some HS now allowing concealed carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yea exactly. The signage was the whole point of the thread. It was strange and threw me off as well.

It shouldn’t. A bunch of car dealers took a stupid opinion from the Texas Automobile Dealers Association and posted 46.03 notices on their buildings thinking it would automagically make their dealerships prohibited places.

As a license holder, the state expects you to know the statutes; there is no similar expectation for property owners.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    I had to visit my old high school the other day to pick up a transcript. I am a licensed holder so upon driving up to the school I stowed my firearm away in my lock box since I knew better than to take my firearm inside. When I walked up to the front doors, I noticed a 30.05 sign but no 30.06/30.07 signs. The school did have metal detectors that they required me to walk through. According to the signage posted, licensed users should be able to carry on campus or am I missing something?
    Unless the school gives you written permission you cannot carry a gun on the premises. Now with LTC/CHL you can carry it in the parking lot or walkways but no in ANY structure.

Ask the High School for written permission... I suspect they will say .. no.

Double Naught Spy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I had to visit my old high school the other day to pick up a transcript. I am a licensed holder so upon driving up to the school I stowed my firearm away in my lock box since I knew better than to take my firearm inside. When I walked up to the front doors, I noticed a 30.05 sign but no 30.06/30.07 signs. The school did have metal detectors that they required me to walk through. According to the signage posted, licensed users should be able to carry on campus or am I missing something?

30.06/30.07 apply specifically to private property owners and so you should not find them on public schools or government buildings.

Top Bottom