• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As I said, to each their own.

I don't walk down the street like some KEN or KAREN or nut job and scream at some people on what they LOOK like.

But there are some people who wonder why they can't get a REAL JOB worse off any job and all they would have to do is LOOK at themselves in a mirror.

I am NOT TALKING about people on this forum and their family or friends.

Some man (ON the news!) out here in MT was complaining that he couldn't find a good job or get HIRED and he looked like he had prison tats ALL over his neck, some on his face, and all over his arms.

He looked like he NEEDED A SHOWER, his hair washed and CUT and a good nail brush to scrub his nails in the shower on a DAILY BASIS. I have no clue how he smelled.

He wanted more money and was living the typical TRANSIENT LIFESTYLE which is a very REAL thing for some people in all ages.

Years ago, on a PNW type of forum which some guys here know about, I put up a link there and elsewhere to some friends where they did 'studies' on LIFESTYLES with stories, interviews and lots of pictures.

They even showed GROUPS of young adults and other age groups and almost ALL of them if not 100% were WAY FAR LEFT and not just your left-liberal type of person.

They go alone or as a couple and mainly in groups sometimes and they are NOT just the freaks who LEAVE THEIR TRASH in the woods/wilderness like homegrown and traveling PIGS or the RAINBOW whatever that 'famous' group of TRANSIENTS is called.

They interviewed some in PORTLAND, MAINE not just on the LEFT COAST and ALL across the country. The Maine people not only in Portland but in RURAL AREAS were complaining about their RISE IN CRIME, the TRASH, the poop, the urine, the blood, the needles, drug crapola and TONS MORE.

Lo and behold, this TRAVELING GROUP of young TRANSIENT leeches all had the usual get up with holes, tats, dirty hair and bodies, etc.

They even SAID and laughed about HOW they find suckers to give MONEY TO THEM and goods and not just collect their free s army stuff from .gov agencies AND NICE CHARITIES/CHURCHES.

They GO to some motels with their vouchers, live there for a time frame, get MORE FREE CRAPOLA and before they leave - they are so mean, ungrateful and disrepect the GIFT OF KINDNESS - they trash the place. And they LAUGHED about this even when interviewed. Some of them came from wealthy homes, middle class and some from poorer homes while growing up.

Now, I am NOT saying that all people who have TONS of tats and holes are ex criminals, hookers, transient bums ON PURPOSE or freeloaders - on the dole for life while they CLAIM that they are NUTS or drunks or drug addicts (True or False claims made by them.) but a LOT OF THEM know how to WORK THE SYSTEM and they DO TEND TO LOOK DIFFERENT and they do this on purpose and not just for some greenie/weenie purpose or for some artistic point.

Beauty is in the EYE of the beholder and any woman or man has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to look and dress how they CHOOSE to do in their life. That doesn't mean that I MUST think that it is smart, CLEAN, pretty or whatever.

But in THIS day and age if you dare to THINK something silently or give a NICE and fairly polite opinion - answer when asked like on THIS forum OR even in a private conversation or group setting and you think and reply more on the conservative side in ANY thing or are for TRADITIONAL VALUES including a family unit - support system OR in any other way have an OLD FASHIONED thought in ANY manner and it is not 'WOKE ENOUGH' for the you know who crowd usually the VERY FAR LEFT - you are immediately shut up, called a bigot, DELETED, censored, black listed, etc.

Now, as far as what you said about the nice family from another country who are honestly working hard and may still continue their traditions - I am NOT talking about that when I gave my previous replies or right now.

I grew up in a family that was EXPOSED to all kinds of people from other countries due to my Mom's work in medicine, my own Dad who was a legal immigrant around the depression time, my mentor - "Aunt" C - family lawyer and my Mom's best friend until she died and tons of other people in ALL walks of life and socio/economic groups. ALL COLORS, all religions, ages, BOTH = 2 sexes, etc.

Our Sunday night dinners and other family events were something to behold and enjoy for sure.

One of my best friends as an ADULT and when I was no longer living on the East Coast was from India. Her brother was a legal citizen and a good business man in my former state. She, her husband and her son came to the USA from India due to health reasons and to make a better life.
    She was a HINDU and a very nice lady. She came from a family with some wealth and went to a RC school in India taught by old school - Pre Vatican 2 Nuns.

She worked in a bank in India, her husband was some type of an engineer, and her son was a teen. She wore TRADITIONAL clothes many times and they were beautiful saris - usually at some nice dinner or a wedding. She did have the earrings and so forth but nothing in her nose. She had the dot on her forward sometimes too. They went to their temple on a regular basis too. She shared her Hindu books with me and I shared a Bible with her. Even though she did not celebrate Christmas for religious reasons - she gave me a gift since she knew that I was a Christian and wanted to celebrate a holiday season with me.

I have had Muslim, Hindu Jewish, Christian, etc. friends around me at a dinner table and outside of my home growing up and as an adult.

Many OLD style Christian Orthodox ladies wear scarfs on their heads all of the time and NOT just for a head covering in Church too. Same with some Amish and their head coverings in various styles.

I was raised wearing a HAT or a lace head covering in Church myself. Plus little gloves to have with your purse and Sunday clothes. Don't laugh too hard now! GRIN.

I don't think that these other ladies (Or men.) are STRANGE and, in fact, I think that many of the TRADITIONAL clothing is not only beautiful to behold and I appreciate learning about people from all walks of life.

Renu (Short version of her Indian name.) was a classy and smart lady. She helped run one of her brother's motels while working another job and her husband got a good job too. They lived in the motel in an apartment too. Her son did very well with his school work.

They wanted the American dream, did it all LEGALLY, were honest and hard working folks.

There are many of them out there! HONEST ONES!

And if Renu wore a traditional THING on or in her body/face - no problem. She was a beautiful lady inside and outside. She had fabulous black thick hair too!

She used to say that I had a good and pure heart. I thought that she did too.

We could share our thoughts and beliefs over DINNERS and hot tea. I respected what she did NOT eat - religious diet choices just as much for her as a Hindu as I could for my Jewish, Muslim and other Christian friends as a KID and as an adult.

Oh yes, I did NOT make fun of her since she did not eat BEEF - I respected her choice and religion. She did the same thing for ME when we ate at our different homes. I just cooked something else for her.

So there you go!

Take care.

Cate
    Define “real job”
    Gun Zone Deals

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    This is a gun forum. I suspect most of us are very to exclusively pro-firearms. Building a huge tent of firearms friendly folks who vote that way is one great way to do that.
    ProtectingWhyHow.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is a gun forum. I suspect most of us are very to exclusively pro-firearms. Building a huge tent of firearms friendly folks who vote that way is one great way to do that. View attachment 369791
    I've heard that quote from (I think) the original interview, although he said "machine guns" at the time.

I just can't remember the circumstances and who said it. Anybody here remember?

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I've heard that quote from (I think) the original interview, although he said "machine guns" at the time.

I just can't remember the circumstances and who said it. Anybody here remember?

I believe the original quote is from Tim Moen, a libertarian candidate somewhere in Canada several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    This Reason article comes from 2014 contains the quote: "I want gay people to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." So it has some history:
    https://reason.com/2014/03/05/i-want-gay-people-to-be-able-to-protect/

My son had forwarded the image to my wife and I a couple years ago. I had not realized it had has
    much history. Yes, Tim Moen in Alberta.
    ReasonTimMoen.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    ilike tattoos and woul have more of them if moneywere not an issuewhen igot my firstone over thirty years ago no one outside of my wife even knew i had them and i kept them yo my upper arms so that i could war short- sleeved shrts and none could see them becuase i still worked in a semi-professional position at the time and not everyone was as receptive of people with tatoosback then!

Top Bottom