• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are Kimbers good to go or solid pass?

• Kimbers are legit. I would buy from them no problem.

Votes: 31 54.4%
    • No, Kimbers are not good guns.

Votes: 20 35.1%
    • Glock Boyz unite!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Actually I have been tempting to buy a Kimber several times despite my feelings over QC. If it happens to run; they got some nice looking guns.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You think Kimbers are greatest pistols made and entirely up to you, but you have dimissed any opinion that are contrary totour's. Ihave personally witnessed brand new Kimbers that would not operate out of the box.

No one is going to force you not to buy a Kimber if that is what makes you happy, but knowing that they have issues from th get go, Icould never buy one and have any measure of confidence inone.
    Another one that misses the mark. I have never said or suggested that they are the best. in fact I have said otherwise. I don’t dismiss opinions because someone disagrees with me. If you say that you’ve seen a kimber not work out of the box, I believe you. What I don’t believe is when people use an anecdotal example like that to try to convince people that those are the majority. I dismiss the idea that telling people to google “kimber 1911 problems” is any evidence of QC issues. If you had done the same google search for other 1911 manufacturers then you would either not post that or not shoot 1911s. If you don’t understand that the google search can not be an indicator of quality, but will dismiss my explanation of why, then that’s no different than what you’re accusing me of.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Yes. Because people often on here don't get sarcasm or humor. They eat crayons and have little pee pees.
    I’m all about a good humorous insult. Just wasn’t sure if you intended to be in the line of fire or if it was accidental.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    example like that to try to convince people that those are the majority
    This is true and why I'm very clear to point out my not being logical when I trade off guns sometimes. Been a few guns that could have been awesome if I sent them back to get fixed.

I have a lot of nostalgia with older guns and guns from the 90's to early 2000's. I shake my head at the direction gun manufactures have gone. More more more and cheaper cheaper cheaper.

It's illogical to say what I have seen outweighs what the nation has seen, yet what I have experienced, makes me question things. For example in the reliability department:

I don't think the retooled mini14's are better than the early 90's models.

I don't think gen 4 Glocks are better than gen 3's or gen 2's.

It's common people who own older kimbers are saying they are 100 percent. Reminds me of my Ruger Redhawk made in the late 90's. Parts are still hand fitted. It's not the crap out now.

That's why when I buy a new gun and it doesn't work out of the box...I trade it off right away.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Another one that misses the mark. I have never said or suggested that they are the best. in fact I have said otherwise. I don’t dismiss opinions because someone disagrees with me. If you say that you’ve seen a kimber not work out of the box, I believe you. What I don’t believe is when people use an anecdotal example like that to try to convince people that those are the majority. I dismiss the idea that telling people to google “kimber 1911 problems” is any evidence of QC issues. If you had done the same google search for other 1911 manufacturers then you would either not post that or not shoot 1911s. If you don’t understand that the google search can not be an indicator of quality, but will dismiss my explanation of why, then that’s no different than what you’re accusing me of.
    We are making educated guesses with the best information we have available to us.

Because kimber isn't going to tell us how many guns have qc issues. Because there's no large organization holding mfg's to a set standard, because no group is taking statistically significant amounts of guns to determine if there are problems or not.

1911's are not unreliable guns, there is no reason why kimber should get a pass just because they make a lot of guns when glock, sig, s&w, and ruger make more pistols then kimber, yet don't have kimbers reputation.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yes. Because people often on here don't get sarcasm or humor. They eat crayons and have little pee pees.
    379a1808a74fbb1a55fdf0ea8939756a.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    At no point did Iever try and covnince anyone that it was a majoritybecause Ihave no idea and neither do you.

IMO, a Google search by itself isn't a defining factor that Kimbers quality is suffering, but it is a starting point for someone to be able toinvestigate further.I know from my ow personal mobservations and what I have read, I would never buy a Kimber.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm crying on the inside too. I have a post where I said 4th gen Glocks aren't as good as 3rd gen. Though I truly think that, I also posted that just for you. I'm hurt. I'm hurt you didn't reply and give me shit. You're slacking.
    Listen, gen 4 glocks are what gave us gen 5.

Its the homo-neaderthalensis of perfection.

Gen 3 is just ugly monkey man pistol

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    We are making educated guesses with the best information we have available to us.

Because kimber isn't going to tell us how many guns have qc issues. Because there's no large organization holding mfg's to a set standard, because no group is taking statistically significant amounts of guns to determine if there are problems or not.

1911's are not unreliable guns, there is no reason why kimber should get a pass just because they make a lot of guns when glock, sig, s&w, and ruger make more pistols then kimber, yet don't have kimbers reputation.
    There is a huge difference between making educated guesses and believing information is indicative of something it is not. Looking at the results of this thread, most poll responses have been favorable for kimber. Reading comments from owners, most have been favorable. It’s the non owners who are the most vocal about how many problems their guns have. At some point that should become a hint that the perception may not be reality. if you like other guns better, that’s cool. Nothing wrong with that. I like other guns too.

it would be interesting if several years from now, someone who knew nothing about 1911s ran across this thread while googling kimber trying to decide if they should buy a gun. I’d be curious if they would be steered toward, or away from the company. Of course a lot could change for good or bad over time. But, still would be interesting.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I missed this but Havok, there's some issues with your post. Keep in mind my objective is to not tear you down. It's to point these things out.

"I dismiss the idea that telling people to google “kimber 1911 problems” is any evidence of QC issues". Not sure why you posted this...Gun owners come in all experience levels, but all those people who do search for problems owners are sharing, tells a story to some level. To the new gun owner, It's more questions and maybe hesitation. To the experienced gun owner, who doesn't need to be a 1911 fanboy to know how they operate; I take that back...I'm using my self as an example. Because my interest in guns always had something to do with gunsmithing and fabrication, my view of what's important and not may be different from other long time gun owners. Still...Most long time gun owners do understand that some problems ARE indicators of poor QC. In the eyes of someone who's been in shops, it might make the opinion worse.

It feels like the hairs being split in these conversations is not having data collected and I acknowledge you're one to not need the data to understand everyone produces lemons. Still, somewhere in there, are things that shouldn't be going on with 1911 manufacturing, while other brands with a cheaper asking, are harder to search the same problems for.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    There is a huge difference between making educated guesses and believing information is indicative of something it is not. Looking at the results of this thread, most poll responses have been favorable for kimber. Reading comments from owners, most have been favorable. It’s the non owners who are the most vocal about how many problems their guns have. At some point that should become a hint that the perception may not be reality. if you like other guns better, that’s cool. Nothing wrong with that. I like other guns too.

it would be interesting if several years from now, someone who knew nothing about 1911s ran across this thread while googling kimber trying to decide if they should buy a gun. I’d be curious if they would be steered toward, or away from the company. Of course a lot could change for good or bad over time. But, still would be interesting.
    Again with the non owner thing. A malfunction doesn't just not happen because the person reporting it didn't pay to own the gun.

As for "what it is not", ok. Show us it is not. Because like I've said multiple times, what you'd consider "proof" doesn't exist and if it did exist, would just be a MFG's fluff piece.

And if you took a look at the poll, 34% have not been favorable, thats not good.

Kimber has only themselves to blame for their reputation.

Every company will tell you their shit doesn't stink. Kimber, Beretta, Sig, Glock, Colt, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom