• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are Kimbers good to go or solid pass?

• Kimbers are legit. I would buy from them no problem.

Votes: 31 54.4%
    • No, Kimbers are not good guns.

Votes: 20 35.1%
    • Glock Boyz unite!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

I’m late to this “party”, but there are two issues here; one is the “1911” design and line of handguns.

The other is Kimber quality.

Although I literally :grew-up with Colt 1911’s, I’ll defer that to those with more current experience. Let me say this, only: nothing could be that enduring and popular w/o being very, very GOOD.

Now, about “Kimber”; and yes, I do have a Kimber, a “UCDP” model w/ 3”bbl. There are legions of better-built, higher quality 1911’s. Colt, Wilson, Ed Brown, etc. come to mind first, but there are many others with known, long-demonstrated QUALITY & reliability “out-of-the box”. Sadly, Kimber is not one of those.

After much tinkering by a master 1911-Smith, my Kimber functions fairly well. As it gave problems from the very first, but I didn’t TRUST Kimber, my Smith left no marks and changed no part during his “polishing & micro-adjusting”. FTL’s did disappear, etc. but I just cant “trust” the Kimber for EDC, and usually carry a GLOCK, or other known brand of handgun.

Sad, yes, but TRUE, and, reminiscent of others’ Kimber stories.

In short, Kimber is glitz, but not deserving of its “reputation”, sorta like Yamaha outboard engines.

leVieux

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    All of this chatter about these new guns being made.

I still prefer the guns we had back in the day.
    Ya'll probably don't remember the good, cheaply made, one shot, home made zip-guns.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Want yo knowwhat's up with Kimber 1911's? just put "problems with Kimber 1911's" in your Google search and look at all the results that show up If Kimbers were any good there wouldn't be that much bad press on the internet showin up.
    This was just missing the sarcasm font, right?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hhhmmmmm, never understood the delights of eating crayons or glue, but yeah, some dopey ass kids did so when I was a kid...I never understood it...I guess it's akin to Pica...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Smart enough to stay away from the brand.
    I’ve never eaten crayons before. I’ve also never seen someone have trouble with something, then think anyone who didn’t must be a crayon eater that isn’t as smart as them. That’s a weird position to take. Are you sure that’s what you want to go with?

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    nope, not in the least.

No one forces you to read what I post.
    I couldn’t help but ask, because I didn’t think there was any way that it could be a serious post.

What other 1911 brands did you do this same search for before posting that? Do you realize that the way search engines work, if you search “kimber 1911 problems” it will specifically search for those words together? when people post about problems on the internet, regardless of the product, or quality of the product, you will by nature get more negative responses than positive.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I never ate glue but I did like to cover my hand and let it dry. Then peel it off in on hand shaped piece.
    ditto
    I never ate glue but I did like to cover my hand and let it dry. Then peel it off in on hand shaped piece.
    I never ate the crayons or glue but I loved to sniff Elmer's Rubber Cement and those old school black markers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I couldn’t help but ask, because I didn’t think there was any way that it could be a serious post.

What other 1911 brands did you do this same search for before posting that? Do you realize that the way search engines work, if you search “kimber 1911 problems” it will specifically search for those words together? when people post about problems on the internet, regardless of the product, or quality of the product, you will by nature get more negative responses than positive.
    You think Kimbers are greatest pistols made and entirely up to you, but you have dimissed any opinion that are contrary totour's. Ihave personally witnessed brand new Kimbers that would not operate out of the box.

No one is going to force you not to buy a Kimber if that is what makes you happy, but knowing that they have issues from th get go, Icould never buy one and have any measure of confidence inone.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’ve never eaten crayons before. I’ve also never seen someone have trouble with something, then think anyone who didn’t must be a crayon eater that isn’t as smart as them. That’s a weird position to take. Are you sure that’s what you want to go with?
    Yes. Because people often on here don't get sarcasm or humor. They eat crayons and have little pee pees.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom