• ...and so much more!
  • tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    if you’re talking just plinking or range magazines, maybe… buf for just a few bucks more for oem or mecgar, why bother?
    Texas SOT

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    With the price of non-plastic-lipped mags, why would one bother with plastic-lips?

Steel, and aluminum GI surplus will last longer, but w/anti-tilt followers in metal mags, I don't bother with plastic-lipped mags, if it can be avoided.

I don't even run plastic-lip mags in my 10/22... ... ... :D

Both mags I've bought from them are all steel. The followers are plastic, though. And in the case of the Mini-14 mag, definitely not anti-tip.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    ProMag magazines for Beretta 21A are pure junk. But their M1A magazine price tag are quite attractive.

Has anyone had good experience with ProMag?
    promags are notorious for shitty QC, I remember when I had a mini 14 I bought 5 promags for it and only 3 of them worked out of the box while the other ones I had to fiddle fart around with them to "fix" them.

Over it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    I've had mixed luck. Bought a couple of Beretta 96 mags, one worked, one didn't. They are just range mags.

Not worth the gamble, always stick with OEM or Mec-gars. Unless of course, you just need that drum mag for your LCP.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I’ve never had one work. HK USC, 1911, Sig, Beretta, etc. end up pissed off every time I spend the money on them. Always ends up cost more in the end replacing them with quality mags.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I've had ProMags for my Taurus PT92 that worked. For my 10-22, they were junk. My overall impression is that they're generally junk with an occasional exception.
    I bought two ProMag PT92 magazines in 1991 and they have never failed me. That said, my AK74 mag was crap (fail to feed), as was my Shield 9 mag (fail to lock the slide on empty), as well as my Ruger LC9s mag (poorly molded/cracked follower). In other words, either the PT92 mags work, or their 90s era mags work and their QC got worse over time. I think I am done with ProMag.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Only ever bought 1. It barfed the rounds out of the mag at the slightest bump. Trashed it and won’t bother wasting money on another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    I’ve heard their 45 ACP Uzi mags work. Can’t confirm, but on Uzitalk a lot of people have had success.

Outside of that one product I’ve never heard anything good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom