Mico TX
    DK Firearms

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    "In their analysis, Easterbrook and Wood drew attention to the Supreme Court’s decision in Heller which established that machine guns are not protected by the Second Amendment due to their exclusive military use"

Wrong. Heller was not about machine guns and did not establish that.

"The similarity between the AR-15 and the M16 only increases when we take into account how easy it is to modify the AR-15 by adding a “bump stock” (as the shooter in the 2017 Las Vegas event had done) or auto-sear to it, thereby making it, in essence, a fully automatic weapon."

So because someone somewhere can make it effectively into a M16, it therefore must also be a machine gun even though 99.9994% of the AR-15s ever made have never had those parts installed illegally.

Hope none of those justices threw their back out with these contortions. And 2/3 were Republican appointed.

Since Bruen, 99% of appeals courts are ignoring its guidance. SCOTUS is going to have to step in.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    sure jan, and computers arent covered by the first amendment either lmao.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    The parts of the opinion I read were poorly reasoned and ignored major parts of Heller and Bruen. I expect that SCOTUS will overturn this decision.

Just more lawfare by the Leftists in Illinois.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Do you expect the judges in question to understand the complexities of firearm law? After all, they ain't biologists!

No, I expect them to comprehend the text of a Supreme Court ruling and have the capacity for critical thinking while understanding that their ruling must conform to the SCOTUS ruling, not that they have some free hand to twist the SCOTUS ruling to fit their ideas.

Top Bottom