• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I'm kicking around the idea of picking up a Ruger AR pistol.

I'm worried that the door is going to close on this type of firearm and want to get in before it does.

Any thoughts?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'm supposed to have two AR pistols, though one of them is for sale. All depends on the weather, the water table, and my debatable canoeing or rowing skills on the water. What's the question?

As for the Ruger, yeah, If I had some spare coinage, I'd get one.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    Hey MailMan...I know you reload alot....my son and I just built an AR pistol in 9mm. It was much simpler than I expected. Did a Palmetto 10.5" upper. I make him a 125gr cone from MBC with a slower like HS-6 / WSF powder (feed ramp is pretty aggressive so conical bullet works great). I know I'm off topic from your question on Ruger...but with 9mm we shoot several hundred rounds each trip. And can't say why but AR in 9 always draws interest at the range. Just an idea.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Absolutely. Get one!

Pistol calibers are neat at first, and can be practical if your range options are limited, parts compatibility, recoil impulse and durability issues are just some issues you might run into.

On the flip side, a 5.56 or by extension .300blk ar pistol has been pretty much figured out, and 5.56 is going to outperform any pistol caliber you can stuff in a magwell

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Absolutely. Get one!

Pistol calibers are neat at first, and can be practical if your range options are limited, parts compatibility, recoil impulse and durability issues are just some issues you might run into.

On the flip side, a 5.56 or by extension .300blk ar pistol has been pretty much figured out, and 5.56 is going to outperform any pistol caliber you can stuff in a magwell

BLK in a 10.5 pistol is almost the perfect combination. Stick a suppressor, brace and light/laser on it and Life is Good(tm) for most HD situations.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Hey MailMan...I know you reload alot....my son and I just built an AR pistol in 9mm. It was much simpler than I expected. Did a Palmetto 10.5" upper. I make him a 125gr cone from MBC with a slower like HS-6 / WSF powder (feed ramp is pretty aggressive so conical bullet works great). I know I'm off topic from your question on Ruger...but with 9mm we shoot several hundred rounds each trip. And can't say why but AR in 9 always draws interest at the range. Just an idea.

I've got a Ruger PCC. I don't really need another pistol caliber carbine.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I built one using an Aero Precision lower, PSA 7.5” upper, SBA3 brace, Sig Romeo5 optic.

Just went shooting today with it today, with Sam7SF, actually...

It’s a great little gun.
    A bit of kick with supersonic loads, but as soon as my can arrives I’ll be running it suppressed with subsonics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I built one using an Aero Precision lower, PSA 7.5” upper, SBA3 brace, Sig Romeo5 optic.

It’s a great little gun.
    A bit of kick with supersonic loads, but as soon as my can arrives I’ll be running it suppressed with subsonics.

Add a binary trigger for real fun.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

It’s a great little gun.

The important question is did he shoot his 45-70?

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    You should do it. It’s nice having one. I have 9mm and 300 blk. I may build one in 5.56 one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I just recently bought a Ruger AR pistol in 5.56. Now I see they have come out with a 300 Blk Out version. I wish I would have waited for that. I did buy a PSA 300 Blk Out pistol upper for it tho. The 300 BO seems like a more fitting caliber for an AR pistol than the 5.56. To me, it feels like a little less recoil and definitely less muzzle blast. I say go for it if you want one.

I have seen them at The Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store for $570 and they come with the SB Tactical SBA3 brace. That was on sale. Looks like they are back up to $599.99.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/222178

Last edited:

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I'm kicking around the idea of picking up a Ruger AR pistol.

I'm worried that the door is going to close on this type of firearm and want to get in before it does.

Any thoughts?

Go 300 Blackout for AR pistol would be my advice. They are handy. I think GrabAGun had a Ruger AR pistol for $569?

Top Bottom