• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I'll check all my handguns tomorrow and make sure they still function properly.

And I never take one apart in the field! That's where the bag goes but no disassembly is allowed in the field.
    Ha! That's why I have a long red plastic ribbon installed on my pump shotgun mag spring.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Well, I found out it was not from an AR but a "cocking bar" in a revolver. All mine work so it must have come from someone else's at some time. I'll keep it and maybe one of my friends that I shoot with will ask about it at some point.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Probably, but since you are familiar with that area, go ahead and elaborate! :roflfunny:
    First of all, I don't frequent bars, but having been to many places that have bars like that, I do know which not to go to. San Francisco and Jacksonville Beach are two such places that have bars with rainbows painted on the front, I can't tell you what they look like on the inside, but I have had a few good laughs at the expense of those that unwarily have.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The part should be referred to by its proper name - "pocket part". When you have put something back together and it works just fine, any parts leftover go in your pocket and are thereafter properly called "pocket parts". {As related to me many decades ago by an old mechanic.}

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The part should be referred to by its proper name - "pocket part". When you have put something back together and it works just fine, any parts leftover go in your pocket and are thereafter properly called "pocket parts". {As related to me many decades ago by an old mechanic.}
    That is so insensitive, did you even ask the part what it is identifying as?

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    It's from a revolver. That's the connecting link between a spring and the hammer. The round end go's into the hammer. A spring go's on bottom and slides up to the two protrusions. As the hammer comes back, that link slides down into hole on a rectangle shaped plate. Which also is a stop for the spring. The round head is round because of the angles the receiving notch in the hammer makes.

It's called a "hammer strut".
    Most likely for a revolver as most semi auto's have a spring housing on the back of the grip.
    Finding which model revolver might take awhile.
    GPC.com has 100's of models listed with drawings.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom