• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I found this in the bottom of my gun bag. Don't know where it came from. Possibly from my AR. It's about 1.5 inches long, appx. 1/16" thick x 1/8"wide and has a spring that slides over the longer part and rests on the shoulder near the top. I've checked with my AR friends that have built many and they don't recognize it. The spring slides over the longer curved part and rests against the "shoulder". Anybody got any ideas? May be part of a trigger group just not necessarily for an AR. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thumbnail.jpg
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's from a revolver. That's the connecting link between a spring and the hammer. The round end go's into the hammer. A spring go's on bottom and slides up to the two protrusions. As the hammer comes back, that link slides down into hole on a rectangle shaped plate. Which also is a stop for the spring. The round head is round because of the angles the receiving notch in the hammer makes.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    It's from a revolver. That's the connecting link between a spring and the hammer. The round end go's into the hammer. A spring go's on bottom and slides up to the two protrusions. As the hammer comes back, that link slides down into hole on a rectangle shaped plate. Which also is a stop for the spring. The round head is round because of the angles the receiving notch in the hammer makes.
    That makes some good sense. Thanks!

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    yeah, definitely a hammer spring strut. Not sure if it's from revolver or semi-auto, most likely semi-auto.

Edit: Did you happen to have a Lionheart semi-auto?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thanks! What bothers me is that I've not taken any revolvers apart that I know of. And all mine work fine! It's a mystery.

More like you've taken so much stuff apart, wheeled and deal. You lost some stuff in a junk drawer. I have stuff out Browning shotguns. Other crap out Remington. Some Ruger.

I couldn't tell you where half the $hit come from. All I know is the Golden rule. Anything gun parts, broken or good are never thrown away.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    More like you've taken so much stuff apart, wheeled and deal. You lost some stuff in a junk drawer. I have stuff out Browning shotguns. Other crap out Remington. Some Ruger.

I couldn't tell you where half the $hit come from. All I know is the Golden rule. Anything gun parts, broken or good are never thrown away.
    Nope! I don't take anything apart unless I have an experienced friend with me. And I make sure the weapon works as designed immediately upon re-assembly. Trial and error is a definite way to learn but it's the hardest way!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Nope! I don't take anything apart unless I have an experienced friend with me. And I make sure the weapon works as designed immediately upon re-assembly. Trial and error is a definite way to learn but it's the hardest way!

Then where the part come from and why would you confuse it with other parts?

Top Bottom