• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    He literally says it's a piston. Anyone who has actually seen a DI gun knows that an AR ain't that.
    From the quote you posted:

By having the bolt carrier act as a movable cylinder and the bolt act as a stationary piston, the need for a conventional gas cylinder, piston and actuating rod assembly is eliminated."

Does it actually say it's a piston, or act as?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    From the quote you posted:

By having the bolt carrier act as a movable cylinder and the bolt act as a stationary piston, the need for a conventional gas cylinder, piston and actuating rod assembly is eliminated."

Does it actually say it's a piston, or act as?
    What acts as a piston, other than a piston? Not all pistons look the same.

Go look at an M1 carbine.Is that not a piston because it doesn't look like the piston on an M1 Garand?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I stand corrected!

I wasn't trying to troll, it's been what I had been taught and is still referred to by many. Upon watching that video that @Maverick44 posted (Thank you, by the way), I did further research and came across, from the inventing company, this:

I apologize @zackmars you are right
    Its an easy mistake to make, the AR has a very long gas tube like the AG42b has, but thats about as far as the similarities go.

It doesn't help when "piston" ar companies use DI to refer to a standard AR, but it's easier to make your product stand out by saying "piston vs DI" rather than "external piston vs internal piston"

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Its an easy mistake to make, the AR has a very long gas tube like the AG42b has, but thats about as far as the similarities go.

It doesn't help when "piston" ar companies use DI to refer to a standard AR, but it's easier to make your product stand out by saying "piston vs DI" rather than "external piston vs internal piston"
    Hey don't knock my precious LWRC

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

I have always heard it referred to as direct impingement in comparison to gas piston. I do own rifles that have BCG's and rifles that have gas pistons, and there is a distinct difference in the systems. Not the first time I've been led astray, that's why I keep digging when called to task.

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    Pure entertainment here. Anything seen "between the lines" is somebody else's idea.

And I like to watch Kirsti shoot, or simply just "watch Kirsti".;)

She's actually pretty skilled, practices on their many acres of land in KY. This is from "Gun Time With Brandon".

Last edited:

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    are idiots saying the AR15 is direct impingement again?

AR15 IS A PISTON GUN.png

Top Bottom