• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Is there a QD mount for a flat top AR that actually holds zero? I'm looking for recommendations. What I would like is to be able to remove my scope and go with open sites close up and back to the scope for distance without a rezero. Or should I just go with offset sights and learn to live with them.
    Venture Surplus ad

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    There are many that claim to hold the zero, but I have never seen one in practice. I have tried a few that were very close, like an inch at 50 yards or 2 MOA. The problem was it never seemed to be in the same direction for the error. That is close enough for what I need. I ended up just buying glass for any rifle that needed it and stopped fooling with it.

An HK claw mount was the best I have seen, but it is not for an AR…

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Is there a QD mount for a flat top AR that actually holds zero? I'm looking for recommendations. What I would like is to be able to remove my scope and go with open sites close up and back to the scope for distance without a rezero. Or should I just go with offset sights and learn to live with them.
    Full disclosure, I am no expert by anyone's estimation but, is there a setup where you're able cowitness iron sights through whatever optics you're using?

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Full disclosure, I am no expert by anyone's estimation but, is there a setup where you're able cowitness iron sights through whatever optics you're using?
    With magnified optics a cowitness is difficult to achieve. I do have some scope mounts that allow the use of the iron sights through the hollow mounts. It puts the scope a little higher than I like it, but it totally works.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Something like this…

1672512423162.jpeg

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    The rifle is my 300 Blk, I have a 4 x 12 on it for in general but my issue is there are times when I am looking at a target 10' away so the want for a QD. My experience has been the same as IXLR8 in that they are close but 2 MOA at 50 isn't going to cut it at say 200. The raised rings are just a no for me, my neck is too short :) I was hoping that some new miracle mount had arrived but I guess not. Looks like time for some offset sights and practicing shooting sideways like the boys in the hood!

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

Unity is the only one I can recall right now

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    American Defense
    They are rock solid.
    Here is a set I use.

Attachments

• CEC3EFA6-8E2C-4463-BFDA-24F46E90FB61.jpeg
      CEC3EFA6-8E2C-4463-BFDA-24F46E90FB61.jpeg
      218 KB · Views: 43

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Yes, Warne QDXSKEL30DE IS An option that’s quick release and returns to 0 when reattached. The model no. Is specific to the tube size and is a tactical model.
    5AFB297F-8965-4AAD-8084-4F5AF0079912.jpeg
    DE91F632-BBD3-45EC-8BCC-FC5E3E94DBEA.jpeg
    19250945-7F07-4D0F-89AB-192EB0982BC4.jpeg

Top Bottom