• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannibal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2020
    Andrews
    I am currently gathering parts for an AR 308, I have most of it picked out, the only part I am having trouble deciding on is the barrel, I am trying to keep the price around 300$ and it will need to have DPMS extension, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Gun Zone Deals

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I am currently gathering parts for an AR 308, I have most of it picked out, the only part I am having trouble deciding on is the barrel, I am trying to keep the price around 300$ and it will need to have DPMS extension, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I recently built a 6.5 grendel & used a Wilson Combat. Im pretty happy with it so far.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Barrels/departments/108/

Cannibal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2020
    Andrews
    I have a 18 inch 308 Faxon big gunner barrel on a Aero M5 receiver set. It shoots lights out. What type of build are you going for? Lightweight battle type rifle? Bench rifle? Hunting? If so, what type?

https://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-18-big-gunner-profile-ar10-barrel-308-win-nitrided/

This will be a more of a general purpose build something that I can use to do everything, I was already planning on going with 18 inches, the biggest problem I am facing brand of barrel as I am not sure who makes a good barrel

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    What manufacturer will your upper/lower be?

If Aero Precision, just go with one of theirs.......I'm doing a AP .308 build and plan using one of their 20 in. CMV barrels......Ballistic Advantage, CMMG, 2A Armament, Faxon......lot's of decent choices that are quality barrels.......

Cannibal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2020
    Andrews
    What manufacturer will your upper/lower be?

If Aero Precision, just go with one of theirs.......I'm doing a AP .308 build and plan using one of their 20 in. CMV barrels......Ballistic Advantage, CMMG, 2A Armament, Faxon......lot's of decent choices that are quality barrels.......

Upper is an aero, lower will be an aero or the 80% that is in my shop just have to decide if I want to buy the tools to finish it, I bought it over three years ago with a plan for a 6.5 creed that never happened and I didn't finish buying all of the tools needed for it.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This will be a more of a general purpose build something that I can use to do everything, I was already planning on going with 18 inches, the biggest problem I am facing brand of barrel as I am not sure who makes a good barrel
    I like my Faxon. Accurate and light weight.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I like my Faxon. Accurate and light weight.

I had Ground Zero Precision build my 6.5cm, they used a faxon barrel. I had planned to buy an AP upper, but they said the Faxon barrel weighs about half of what the AP barrel used. They both are match grade barrels, but the Faxon weighs about half.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Weight consideration considerably narrows the choices.........in my case weight is not a factor........My rifle won't be carried for a SHTF situation......20 inch barrel, PRS stock ect.....

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Weight consideration considerably narrows the choices.........in my case weight is not a factor........My rifle won't be carried for a SHTF situation......20 inch barrel, PRS stock ect.....

On the 6.5cm I think 22" barrel is the standard. Don't recall what stock I got. More of a target rifle stock than I use on my other AR builds.

Cannibal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2020
    Andrews
    I went with a Faxon barrel, I received 20% off to so I was able to pick up the gas tube and block as well, thank yall for the input and help.

Cannibal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2020
    Andrews
    I do not plan on using it as a SHTF gun as I have two other guns for that, but I might want to use it for hunting and I do not want to carry to much while doing that, that is my only concern in rifle weight.

Top Bottom