• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Can anyone recommend a place in Houston to buy a scope for my AR 15? I'm looking for a Vortex Spitfire 3x or an Aimpoint Pro Reflex. Would prefer to walk in store and purchase. All the main stream outlets seem to be out of stock. If i have to buy online and have it shipped can i get some recommendations on that option. Thanks in Advance!
    Hurley's Gold

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    You can get good deals on optics planet, but you'll probably have to wait a month or so to get your order, primary arms is a great company. I have zero complaints with them. Eurooptics is also good

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Why? If it works right and does the job and they stand behind it, why would it matter? Plenty of brand new stuff breaks almost right out of the box.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Never understood wanting to buy a refurbished defective product?
    They're not necessarily defective. A lot of "refurbished" items are new-open-box returns. Like it was shipped out, unboxed to check, and never used. Some accessories/documentation might be missing. But it can't be sold as new.

I don't know about that company/vendor in particular, but that's often the case, in my experience.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Why? If it works right and does the job and they stand behind it, why would it matter? Plenty of brand new stuff breaks almost right out of the box.
    Plenty of cheap shit does fail. Smaller percentage of quality & high quality fail. If I buy something it's because I want to use it. I sure don't want to dick around get it authorized then wait.

32 years ago I bought some Steiner Commander binoculars. At the time they had a lifetime warranty. They eventually went to shit & actually argued the lifetime warranty. Took like 6 months to get results. Ever since that I have looked down on Steiner. I was really pissed when Laser Devices sold out to Steiner. I have a military DBAL that I hope I never need service on.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Vortex scopes have a pretty good reputation here from my reading. Bought a REFURBISHED STRIKE EAGLE 1-6X24 RIFLESCOPE for $235. Seems to work and function very well so far. I rarely spend the kind of money you are speaking of for your bino's on almost anything. I want something that works and works well and keeps doing it and not cost the world to do it. Many more like me out there than those who have the ability to spend that kind of money on all of their stuff. I went through this same discussion about building an inexpensive AR. Mine mostly run about $400 to build. I have little use for a $1500 AR or scope for one that costs that much. Your needs probably are different than mine.

Top Bottom