• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I decided to compare a few different barrel lengths today through a chronograph. I chose a Colt 16" CRE, my White oak armament 18" spr build and a ballistic advantage 20" build on a aero precision receiver. On my first round of testing I noticed the bolt release felt odd on the Aero precision rifle.

Turns out the roll pin was completely missing! As it happens I put this one together myself with a cheap lpk. I know the roll pin was there before but I guess it was loose. Anyhow, determined to complete my testing I decided to make use of what I had available. I definitely wouldn't take it into combat like this but it got me through a range session.

It further proves the adaptability of the AR platform. Lol. A picture for your enjoyment...
    Target Sports

Attachments

• IMG_20220911_214525419~2.jpg
      IMG_20220911_214525419~2.jpg
      321.1 KB · Views: 100

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The ATF says that's unregistered parts of parts of parts that could someday become parts of a receiver and thus needs a serial number and background check to possess.

You laugh but.....

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I had units bring M16A1s in from the guard posts on the DMZ in Korea missing the rear takedown pin, held together with a twig jammed in to hold the upper and lower receivers together. This was back in the 70s, when the U.S. Army actually had a combat mission in Korea. Talk about a field expedient!

Top Bottom