• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I know better than to trust 99% of the budget gun crap sold on Amazon, but my cheap ass still has to ask if anyone has any experience with AOFAR rangefinders. I have a couple hunts scheduled for next month, and I haven’t been hunting in ages. I have no equipment besides the firearm! One of the things I want to get is a laser rangefinder. Thing is, both of the places I am going, I won’t have to take a shot over 200 yards, and most likely they will all be inside of 150, so I dont want to drop 300 or more on something to only use a couple times. Amazon has an AOFAR for less than $100, and it looks like it will work for what I need it for. Reviews on Amazon look good, but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    What are you shooting?

With a 100yd zero you should only have a few inches one way or the other between 25-200 yds with a lot of standard hunting calibers.

So you really need a range finder?

I tend to throw money at my hobbies instead of time or practice.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    What are you shooting?

With a 100yd zero you should only have a few inches one way or the other between 25-200 yds with a lot of standard hunting calibers.

So you really need a range finder?

I tend to throw money at my hobbies instead of time or practice.

This

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Shooting a 30.06. About a 3.5” drop between 100-200 yards with a 100 yard 0. Do I “need” it? Prob not. But I thought it wouldn’t hurt. And as for hunting gear, I have no idea what I “need”. Last time I hunted was over 30 years ago. Guy I’m going with said he didn’t take his last year, and he wished he had because there were a couple opportunities at a longer shot. They’re $85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I just picked up a sig kilo1400bdx for $180

So far just playing with it around the house and at the range. Surprised at how small or is.

I'm not a big hunters, have only been out a few times but always looking to do more. I've never owned one, just always had a friend with me that did. This upcoming trip I realized I didn't have one and was worried I might need one.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    When I was inspecting Leupold factory one of the guys there told me all range finders are made by the same company. The big differences are the range specified. But all are made in China, also when looking at a small object like a deer at 400 yards a lot of times it is hard to get a good read. You still need to the trajectory of the ammo you are using. So if you see that big buck out at 350 or 400 yards you need to know where to aim, or how much holdover.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    When I was inspecting Leupold factory one of the guys there told me all range finders are made by the same company. The big differences are the range specified. But all are made in China, also when looking at a small object like a deer at 400 yards a lot of times it is hard to get a good read. You still need to the trajectory of the ammo you are using. So if you see that big buck out at 350 or 400 yards you need to know where to aim, or how much holdover.
    Folks shooting Texas deer at 400 yds.? Wow!

Top Bottom