• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crash83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    Spring, TX
    Steel targets?
    Had an opportunity to do so while on vacation a few weeks ago.
    And found it to be very satisfying..lol.
    I know Magniola misfits...but anywhere else?
    I also remember reading about that you used to be able to shoot at Sam Houston forest? Is this true and why did they do away with it?
    Sorry for all the questions ..lived here in Houston gun free for the last ten years and now that I'm back into the hobby trying to gather as much info as possible.
    Thanks in advance!
    ARJ Defense ad

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    You're going to have to be more specific...

Pistol, rifle?
    Close range, long range?
    Standing, sitting, prone, benched?

I shoot steel all the time, but it's smallbore and air rifle silhouette. That may be completely different from what you're looking for. Some people shoot steel gongs at 1,000 yards from a prone position with a bipod-based rifle. Again, that may be different than what you're looking for.

So, what are you looking for?

crash83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    Spring, TX
    You're going to have to be more specific...

Pistol, rifle?
    Close range, long range?
    Standing, sitting, prone, benched?

I shoot steel all the time, but it's smallbore and air rifle silhouette. That may be completely different from what you're looking for. Some people shoot steel gongs at 1,000 yards from a prone position with a bipod-based rifle. Again, that may be different than what you're looking for.

So, what are you looking for?

Both Pistol and rifle.
    Pistol out to 50 yards ..rifle out to as far as I can shoot..lol.
    Stopped by Trinity Armory to have a look around and they have a very nice range...just anlittle far from me.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Both Pistol and rifle.
    Pistol out to 50 yards ..rifle out to as far as I can shoot..lol.
    Stopped by Trinity Armory to have a look around and they have a very nice range...just anlittle far from me.

I'm in Spring (99/Kuykendahl) and it's better than Hot Wells or ASC. Won't even mention that garbage Carter's Country. Blackwood is nice but cost and limited to 200yds and paper only. The fact that Trinity is priced per/person with no time limit and not per/gun. I don't foresee me visiting many other ranges locally except a closer indoor range for a quick pistol/rimfire shooting.

billviverette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2015
    Steel targets?
    Had an opportunity to do so while on vacation a few weeks ago.
    And found it to be very satisfying..lol.
    I know Magniola misfits...but anywhere else?
    I also remember reading about that you used to be able to shoot at Sam Houston forest? Is this true and why did they do away with it?
    Sorry for all the questions ..lived here in Houston gun free for the last ten years and now that I'm back into the hobby trying to gather as much info as possible.
    Thanks in advance!
    Someone has surely asked, but ....where are you from? You cite distance as a problem.

BillV

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Spring near porter.
    We've been going to Trinity but someone keeps breaking their pistol steel target shooting them with AR pistols.. .556 green tips.
    Wow. I hope the range catches them in the act and makes them replace the targets.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Timely bump on this thread as I was just wondering this myself. Cleveland is a little far to travel from Fort Bend County but maybe worth the trip once just to see what it's all about. I'd love to find a place to shoot things like concrete blocks or watermelons also but I understand nobody wants to put up with that mess.

crash83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    Spring, TX
    Timely bump on this thread as I was just wondering this myself. Cleveland is a little far to travel from Fort Bend County but maybe worth the trip once just to see what it's all about. I'd love to find a place to shoot things like concrete blocks or watermelons also but I understand nobody wants to put up with that mess.

You can shoot steel plates and targets on both the rifle and pistol ranges ( when there not broken.) Also can shoot tanirite ( sp?) 20 bucks shoot all day no gun limit.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    That was going to be my next question since they don't have price on their website. I'll have to take a trip out there and check it out.

Shoot me a PM a few days a head of time & I just might meet you out there.
    I'm 5 min from Hot Wells & have been driving to liberty to shoot rifles @ Rives. They only charge $5 a gun, but they are going to $10 a gun next month.

If you want to shoot pistols...or up to .223...no 5.56, there's a 6 lane indoor range in Cypress off Mueshke Rd & they are $16 a person ...no gun or time limit.

crash83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    Spring, TX
    That was going to be my next question since they don't have price on their website. I'll have to take a trip out there and check it out.
    It's worth the trip.
    The rifle range goes out to 200 yards and has multiple steel targets from plates to little tiny rabbits and ground hogs. And they will sometimes do half price if it's super hot or cold out.
    They where half price all last month.
    I have to check their faceFace page to see if they are still doing it

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The rifle range goes out to 200 yards and has multiple steel targets from plates to little tiny rabbits and ground hogs.

Sounds like a great place to stretch out the rifle just a little bit.

Shoot me a PM a few days a head of time & I just might meet you out there.

Will do. No idea when that will be at this point but I'll try to plan it and let you know.

I'm 5 min from Hot Wells & have been driving to liberty to shoot rifles @ Rives. They only charge $5 a gun, but they are going to $10 a gun next month.

If you want to shoot pistols...or up to .223...no 5.56, there's a 6 lane indoor range in Cypress off Mueshke Rd & they are $16 a person ...no gun or time limit.

I'm fortunate enough that I have a membership to PSC so the only thing I really lack is the ability to shoot steel targets other than falling plates with pistol. Even that is an hour drive each way for me but it's time well spent.

I did go shoot skeet at Hot Wells last fall and like their setup there quite a bit.

Top Bottom