• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've got plenty of plastic mags and they've all done just fine for me. I'm not operator but I appreciate durability and reliability all the same. I like the texture of hex and troy but I keep a few magpuls loaded up and I'm curious about long term effects of that. I have yet to have a plastic magazine fail but I also don't punish them.

Lately I find myself exclusively buying okay or psa aluminum mags. There's a reason why okay magazines have been fielded for generations. Overall I like my hex mags and have several but don't see myself buying any more of them versus others.
    DK Firearms

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yes, they were ok, not any better than my usual go to of lancers and USGI.

i had a Glock mag from them that worked well

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I've got plenty of plastic mags and they've all done just fine for me. I'm not operator but I appreciate durability and reliability all the same. I like the texture of hex and troy but I keep a few magpuls loaded up and I'm curious about long term effects of that. I have yet to have a plastic magazine fail but I also don't punish them.

Lately I find myself exclusively buying okay or psa aluminum mags. There's a reason why okay magazines have been fielded for generations. Overall I like my hex mags and have several but don't see myself buying any more of them versus others.
    I have some Magpuls that I have had since 2011. They are always stored loaded and have never had any issues. I do keep the covers on them and that may help.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Several people have said there's no reason to not buy the PMags but I have one. I prefer D&H or Okay magazines made from metal. I have some PMags and they're fine too but prefer metal.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I have a lot of faith in the dura mags and that's almost all I have for my ar15s. These mags will be for the ar10 though. The duras are a steel mag and they're 2 bucks cheaper still than the pmags so I'll most likely go that route. I'm not looking to abuse the mags or I might spend the extra couple bucks on the pmags.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My only issue with metal mags is you can drop em and change something. I had one drop and the tabs that hold the base plate got pushed in you couldn’t take the mag apart anymore. It’s just a mag. I really don’t care. But if the day comes politicians make it difficult to get mags, I would rather have pmags stocked up.

But if you like aluminum mags more by all means. More pmags for the rest of us.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    My only issue with metal mags is you can drop em and change something. I had one drop and the tabs that hold the base plate got pushed in you couldn’t take the mag apart anymore. It’s just a mag. I really don’t care. But if the day comes politicians make it difficult to get mags, I would rather have pmags stocked up.

But if you like aluminum mags more by all means. More pmags for the rest of us.
    Damn. I came here trying to save some money but you guys are gonna sell me on the pmags

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    They make a product that’s really good for the price. After seeing with my own eyes that other brands are not battle ready, I think gen2’s are a no brainer.

I like gen 2 because they don’t have the stop on the spine that can interfere with some trigger guards.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Damn. I came here trying to save some money but you guys are gonna sell me on the pmags

Some things you just don't cheap out on - magazines for a firearm that you might have to defend yourself or your country with (yeah, I went there) is one such place. Its OK to buy some cheap range mags once in a while, but it sounds like you're fairly new to the AR game and don't have more than a few mags. Buy good ones first, you can always experiment with questionable stuff later.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Mags are cheap. Plenty other places to save money. I used Lancer mags for 3 gun yrs ago. No problems. I switches to pmags when companies started making mag extensions

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Some things you just don't cheap out on - magazines for a firearm that you might have to defend yourself or your country with (yeah, I went there) is one such place. Its OK to buy some cheap range mags once in a while, but it sounds like you're fairly new to the AR game and don't have more than a few mags. Buy good ones first, you can always experiment with questionable stuff later.
    Hey now, who said I was new to the ARs? I've got several. Specifically this is for an AR10 that won't be shot often and only at the range most likely. Its definitely not the one I would chose to defend anything with. I have better rifles for that.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have one Hex mag and don't use it any longer. It is the only mag out of the 8 that I own that won't drop when I press the mag release button.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I like my hex mags. They're were the first mags i found the 3d print file to make 458 socom followers. So I bought a few and swapped the followers.

They cycle well and drop free for me.
    I don't beat them up, torture test, or anything crazy. But they function fine.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Magpul mags were on sale for $20 so I finally bought some last night. Same price I was gonna pay for the duramags anyways.

Thanks for the info guys.

Top Bottom