Gun Zone Deals

Anyone try the Philster Enigma concealment holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    Depending on the holster - sometimes I need a foam wedge for comfort, sometimes the wedge makes it less comfortable. Have you tried wedges yet at all?

My main want for an Enigma is so I can still carry whichever gun I want, while wearing a tucked in shirt without any of the holster showing. I've got tuckable setups - but there's always *something* that still shows - usually a soft snap loop on my holsters. For years, when I was working the road as a tow monkey, this wasn't an issue. With my multi tool and flash light on the belt, black uniform pants and my mechanics type shirts, everything blended and it was almost totally unnoticed.

I don't do that anymore. My typicaly daily wear are cargo shorts / khaki shorts, and a button down outer shirt over a dry fit type t-shirt. When I need to go more business casual - slacks and a shirt, I'd still like to be carrying, without anything showing.
    My Philster AIWB holster has the foam wedges, as does it's companion ammo pouch.

My daily wear for work is exactly the same as yours, except I don't tuck in the outer shirt.
    Venture Surplus ad

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    My Enigma works exceptionally well. I’ve used it for about a year with both tucked in shirts and dress pants for church and athletic shorts with t-shirts.

I bought it to have a more concealable option than my Glock 19 in an appendix rig.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I do restaurant food delivery (UberEats, DoorDash, Grubhub, etc.) in Austin. I always carry concealed. I end up in bad parts of town sometimes. My main hangout area is downtown because it gets the highest volume of orders. I've had mentally ill homeless people walk right up to me out of the blue and threaten to kill me on several occasions.

I was using an appendix carry IWB rig. It was beyond uncomfortable. It dug into me and left bruises. It also didn't conceal very well.

I recently switched to a belly pouch holster. It's comfortable but I can't get a full grip on the gun on the draw. And reholstering is very difficult.

I've been looking at the Philster Enigma. It's got good reviews. It has the advantage that it doesn't require a gun belt and works with beltless pants.

If anyone has direct experience with this holster system please post your opinion of it here. Thanks!
    <><>

View attachment 337996

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/enigma-landing/

Here is an unboxing and product review of the holster a few months ago. If you watch this video on YouTube you will get a extensive list of pro/con Phister holster reviews over the years.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Here is an unboxing and product review of the holster a few months ago. If you watch this video on YouTube you will get a extensive list of pro/con Phister holster reviews over the years.

Hopefully she does a working review - because doing a review on something without using it is meh. An "overview" sure, but giving a review on something you just unboxed is not sound beyond "hey, this LOOKs good, appears to be good quality, and the price was good"

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Hopefully she does a working review - because doing a review on something without using it is meh. An "overview" sure, but giving a review on something you just unboxed is not sound beyond "hey, this LOOKs good, appears to be good quality, and the price was good"

Does mowing your lawn in tank top and shorts while wearing the holster count for demo review. Unboxing means what do you get when you open first time. She shows how to put on and wear and do stuff.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I have one I call it my gun girdle it’s great for activities wearing lose fitting clothes but uncomfortable to me wearing jeans and a shirt.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom