Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What are they going to arm those 300k troops with?
    Zeihan's analysis was that they aren't really going to arm those 300K troops. They're just going to be able to rotate out the 150K they have in theater at the moment and continue rotating them out to keep them fresh.

But your point is well taken. The Russians haven't really said "Go into battle with a sharp stick and then pick up a Mosin from the first of your comrades you see fall" since, what?, Stalingrad?
    Texas SOT

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Let me put this drink down, Whiskey Wednesday. Now I have been studying Putin very closely. Literal translations of his words, his inflections, and body language. I have now come to the irrefutable conclusion this current diagnosis is whack-a-doddle. The recommended treatment is termination. And I would prefer it, before he does something the rest of mankind will regret. Hopefully the next attempt on his life will be more proficient.

Refill glass, checking out.

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Hooowhee! He enunciates well, and I caught some of it, though my Russian is quite rusty (Defense Language Institute in '83-'84).
    It does appear that the translation is good..."threat to the homeland/motherland...all means necessary...this is not a bluff." I'd have to ask my nephew's fiancé to give it a listen...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Meanwhile, I keep wondering where Israel's Mossad is and what they're planning.

Do we have any ships in the vacinity that they need to bomb as a false flag? I don't think Russia is posing a threat to Israel, the only countries in the region that would be posing a direct threat right now are probably Iran and *maybe* Syria - and their ongoing problem with the Palestinians. Domestic terrorism is probably a much higher concern, as usua, for them.

I don't trust the Mossad as far as I could throw any of their agents. They're the Israeli branch of the CIA, and I don't trust the CIA at all.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I still don’t think he is that stupid.

It's not stupidity, it's derangement. Dude is living in a fantasy land - I think he actually believes all the things he says. He's bought into this fantasy history he invented for this "greater Russia", and he's dead-set on "reaclaiming" what he believes Russia once had...and nobody around him will tell him the actual state of his "special military operation", so he probably believes they've had all the successes he claims and he probably honestly believes they're facing NATO troops in Ukraine.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I know how to end the siege on Ukraine. Sorry ... the "liberation" of Ukraine.
    Somebody just say out loud that Pootin' knows where Hillary's emails are.
    Problem solved. :)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    China for sure would not be happy. The worldwide panic set off by Pootin using even one tactical nuke would bring economies to a halt, make the shutdown for the WuFlu look tame in comparison. Bad for business and China can't afford to have everyone stop buying their stuff and crash their economy.
    The CCP doesn't care.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    China can't afford to have everyone stop buying their stuff and crash their economy.
    The crash of China has already started and nothing is going to stop it.

In a decade I feel pretty sure we'll look back and say "Remember when a big, united, monolithic China used to be an economic powerhouse?" and it will feel like a distant memory.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

In a decade I feel pretty sure we'll look back and say "Remember when a big, united, monolithic China used to be an economic powerhouse?" and it will feel like a distant memory.
    I sure hope so

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Agree, the snowball is rolling and if Xi really sticks to the zero tolerance COVID policy for the full five years, that might be all it takes.

I mean, sure China is still going to be around as a country, but as an economic powerhouse. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, billed as their Alternative World Order offers less than the Cold War era Second World Warsaw Pact alternative for security and economic cooperation. When China publicly chastise Putin’s Ukraine folly, that proves the point.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Evidently a 6 mi long line of vehicles going to Georgia as no creds are required!
    Guys on the list are bailing fast as they can. Air fare is triple what it was. Rats leaving the ship!
    Wonder what Moscow's population will be in a month? Nah, Brandon wouldn't retaliate by attacking Moscow. Or St. Pete. Haven't heard any remarks from Belarus lately either but Pootin activated the Baltic fleet - put them safely to sea. Pulled the nuke boats back into Ru proper to protect them. Only one big lake on the Don river.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    It's not stupidity, it's derangement. Dude is living in a fantasy land - I think he actually believes all the things he says. He's bought into this fantasy history he invented for this "greater Russia", and he's dead-set on "reaclaiming" what he believes Russia once had...and nobody around him will tell him the actual state of his "special military operation", so he probably believes they've had all the successes he claims and he probably honestly believes they're facing NATO troops in Ukraine.
    Hitler thought he was doing the right thing also.

Top Bottom