Capitol Armory ad

Anyone selling their reloading services?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    May do in a few months, we'll see. What exactly is your setup?
    lock n load AP
    9, 40/10, 45
    includes dies, powder stop, etc... everything to swap for calibers
    hornady tumbler
    shit ton of primers
    shit ton of bullets
    shit ton of brass
    shit ton of MTM cases

i have a thread somewhere here

Sent from my SIG Sauer

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Yeah, the ammo I have I bought I found on gun broker. It was not cheap.
    I've got a bunch of rifles I have not fired for 40 years or so. I'm more in to pistols.

If the .225 Winchester rifle is the only one you are wanting to reload for, then a cheap Lee single stage press will work. I'm not sure that the hand press can do the rifle calibers. The cheapest Lee single stage press is probably the same price or maybe even cheaper than the hand press. I also seem to remember that hand press using a different type of shellholder, so that might be a concern -- especially since Lee doesn't appear to make a .255 Winchester set of dies.

Are you wanting to load full power loads or just plinking loads? With full power loads, you will end up probably buying jacketed bullets whereas with plinking loads, you could probably find an acceptable mold to cast bullets even cheaper. The cheapest normal single stage press that Lee makes is their "Lee Breech Lock Reloader Single Stage Press". It's currently $39 at Midway.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/807734/lee-breech-lock-reloader-single-stage-press

Turns out the hand reloader is a couple of bucks more.

I guess it depends upon how tight you are on space.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There is actually a member here that graciously offered to reload some for me before I purchased these, as he knew they are difficult to come by.
    Honestly I'll probably never shoot up the 40 I have, I just wanted to site it in, and have a few left over.
    Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It wouldn't make any sense to invest in casting equipment in order to cast bullets for a low volume gun that will rarely be shot.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    It's almost impossible to find .38 wadcutter ammo on the shelf anymore. Actually the same can be said for .45 ACP with a SWC.

Most people just don't want to shoot lead anymore, even the older die hard guys who have bought wadcutters or SWCs in the past are slowly moving over to plated bullets. I may stop loading lead outside cowboy action except on a custom basis because the demand just isn't there, even compared to 5 years ago.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm not sure that the hand press can do the rifle calibers.
    It can. I regularly load .45-70 with it, but also used it for .308 a couple times. Re-sizing the .308 was a bit of a bear so I don't really recommend it for that. If you're reloading it for a specific (manually loading) gun then you don't really need to resize. Fired shells are already pre-sized just for it ;)

Top Bottom